By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What happend to Sixaxis motion abilities?

Everyone who has played Heavenly sword should know what I'm talking about.

Well what happend?At Heavenly Sword,by continuing to hold the fire button you can control Kai's arrow midflight in slow motion by tilting the Sixaxis left, right, up, and down. Nariko has a few levels like this where she mans a cannon and wields a rocket launcher as well. Kai's sections are sometimes a tad too long, but it's quite satisfying to guide an arrow across a level and then land it in a soldier's groin or head.

I used this to make my friends buy Ps3.We laughed so hard when they tried first time :P

So what the hell happend to this??

Take my love, take my land..

Around the Network

I don't know, but it was sick in Heavenly Sword for sure. I liked it in Uncharted as well but Folklore was the best incorporation I have seen so far.

perpride said:
I don't know, but it was sick in Heavenly Sword for sure. I liked it in Uncharted as well but Folklore was the best incorporation I have seen so far.

so true

Resistance owns!!!!!111 one!

Nice to see people admitting they would love motion controls in their games like on the Wii. :)

I play BOWNLING better on PS3 than on WII, so much fun with friends playing online.
I think sisaxis can work, not so precise AS Wii motion sensor, but, is FUN, a lot FUN :)

PSN: franco-br
MGS4, GH, MW2, GT5p, WipeoutHD, etc..etc..

Around the Network
axumblade said:
llewdebkram said:
Nice to see people admitting they would love motion controls in their games like on the Wii. :)

I prefer the tilt action to the IR motion sensitivity. Both are really cool but I just prefer the way the sixaxis feels more.

Not sure if you're aware of this, but the Wii controller has both IR and tilt (gyroscopic) motion sensitivity.  IR is used for mouse pointer / shooting a target - the gyros are uses for most everything else (like swinging a bat or sword etc).

i like the use of the six axis in Resistance Fall of Man.

Motorstorm also used motion sense, and so did Folklore, Lair and Super Rub-A-Dub(lol), I'm sure quite a few have but it's luckily not as widely implemented as it could be.
I'm not too keen on it sometimes. gets a bit fiddley
I did like it in R&C:ToD though.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

I think when Factor 5 tried to base their whole game around it and it was a huge mistake people took notice... really it's like a novelty in games like LBP or non existent in many new games.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
I think when Factor 5 tried to base their whole game around it and it was a huge mistake people took notice... really it's like a novelty in games like LBP or non existent in many new games.

They didn't base the game around Sixaxis control by choice, Sony insisted on Sixaxis only control. The preview builds of the game had analog and motion control setups. Sony wanted to show of the Sixaxis and being the publisher they had the final say. Later on they patched the game to use analog control but it was too late. The damage was done and it was what ultimately sank Factor 5.