By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why All The PS3 Hate?

Do you think people are buying HD televisions because they don’t care? Of course not. They want HDtv.

Or maybe they want a flat and nice looking TV. Jumping to conclusions = bad. By the way, the majority of TV owners still don't own a HDTV.

Metal Gear Solid 4, Heavenly Sword, Uncharted and Resistance 2 are all MUST HAVE TITLES.

No they are not. There's no such thing as a must-have title in the first place, and Heavenly Sword is certainly not one of them.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

just suck it up prestine..please..I mean

the Wii gets shitted over every week and it's leading this generation

the PS3 is dying (harsh truth, truth nonetheless) and they praise it alot

please..just get over it

in the next few weeks everyone will be drooling over your beloved HD games anyway

I don't see the problem ^^''

Pristine20 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Slimebeast said:
Sigh. A wall of text written by an unknown blogger who obviously is a Sony fanboy.

Bingo. That article made my head hurt, and I wish I wouldn't have read it.

You know why all the PS3 hate?

Because the freakin' thing costs 400 dollars in a recession and we can't all afford one.

It's over-priced, I dont' care if it sucks your foot and fixes you a sandwich.

The reason it's overpriced, is because Sony used it as a tie in to hock its new media format, and continues forcing gamers to pay the price.

Sony deserves the hate, and imo, they deserve the poor sales as well. Start treating consumers well, and change with our needs, not your own, Sony. If you do something dumb that costs us time and money(RRoD, BR) then fix it for free. Don't just keep on pwning us with it, ffs.

The fact that this console is still 460 dollars after tax is insane, and someone deserves to pay for this horrible error.

You know something Zen, price isn't everything. Why are people buying the iphone again? Iphone costs more than a ps3. I personally can't understand why as the only thing I'll ever use an iphone for is to call people.

It's easy to ask for a lower price point on the ps3 but you people forget that the components of the machine itself are more expensive than either the 360 or wii so it just can't be sold for the same price.

Surely consumers don't want what the ps3 offers for it's price or don't care for the extras. This is a mistake sony has made. Whats done is done, no use beating a dead horse. Dropping the price is not the solution to this as that defeats the purpose of running a business. The solution is to offer the best to those who have/will take the plunge because they like the system offers and plan well for next time.

Price cuts from a company in crisis?

For the record, the poster of the article isn't a sony fanboy. He's track record shows this

I completely disagree. It sounds like your trying to reason your way out of Sony taking any blame or being at fault for anything here. Price isn't everything, but when your console costs 400 dollars, it's the only thing that matters to most people.

For me, for instance, I'm getting FFXIII, Tekken, and Star Ocean on my Xbox 360, why in the hell would I buy a PS3, for 400 dollars, to play White Knight Story?

Really man, when you do get a job, money really starts to seem a lot more valuable to you.

The only reason the console costs so much is because Sony made a command decision to push Blu-Ray at the cost and expense of gamers.

I'm sure they're happy with their decision. It helped to introduce Blu-Ray.

Screwed the hell out of most of us gamers though. Still is.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

The only reason the console costs so much is because Sony made a command decision to push Blu-Ray at the cost and expense of gamers.

I'm sure they're happy with their decision. It helped to introduce Blu-Ray.

Well, I'm not sure they're happy. It sank the games division into unprofitability and devalued the Playstation brand by helping put it in third place in the console war. Perhaps a part of Sony is happy about it, but not all of Sony is.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

kirby007 said:
why all those "Why All The PS3 Hate?" threads?

^^^ This.

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
Do you think people are buying HD televisions because they don’t care? Of course not. They want HDtv.

Or maybe they want a flat and nice looking TV. Jumping to conclusions = bad. By the way, the majority of TV owners still don't own a HDTV.

Metal Gear Solid 4, Heavenly Sword, Uncharted and Resistance 2 are all MUST HAVE TITLES.

No they are not. There's no such thing as a must-have title in the first place, and Heavenly Sword is certainly not one of them.

Surely you know that the term "must-have" title gets tossed around a lot for any system. You're right that there's no must-have title simply because everyone is different. If anything, it seems to me that the guy is just tired of hearing that "ps3 has no games" BS that some people still throw around.

As for TVs, how many SDTVs are flat and nice again? Whatever the reason people are buying them, they're buying the HDTVs regardless. Seems to me that you're looking for any chance to derail this article.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

24 replies and 3 PS3 fans, the rest trying to debunk the article , taking bits out of context. Am I Surprised?

blazinhead89 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Slimebeast said:
Sigh. A wall of text written by an unknown blogger who obviously is a Sony fanboy.

Bingo. That article made my head hurt, and I wish I wouldn't have read it.

You know why all the PS3 hate?

Because the freakin' thing costs 400 dollars in a recession and we can't all afford one.

It's over-priced, I dont' care if it sucks your foot and fixes you a sandwich.

The reason it's overpriced, is because Sony used it as a tie in to hock its new media format, and continues forcing gamers to pay the price.

Sony deserves the hate, and imo, they deserve the poor sales as well. Start treating consumers well, and change with our needs, not your own, Sony. If you do something dumb that costs us time and money(RRoD, BR) then fix it for free. Don't just keep on pwning us with it, ffs.

The fact that this console is still 460 dollars after tax is insane, and someone deserves to pay for this horrible error.

So Sony should suffer for Below cost selling to its Loyal Fans ie They lose Money so we can play their console. Hasn't sony always done that? And no one is forcing you to by a PS3.

They shouldn't lower their price. It's too late for that. They made a command decision to stick us with BR early on, and they have to stick with that.

They just shouldn't complain when we pitch a bitch fit over them HAVING to charge us 400 dollars for a PS3 just so they could introduce their BR all over our gamer faces.

That said, you aren't a company exec. You shouldn't care if they make money or not. Hell, you should hope they don't.

When they don't give us a decent value, you shouldn't damage control it with "They can't, their company is in trouble!"

You should be pissed.

Are you gonna buy a F150, when there is an equal truck for half price coming out of Japan? Then are you gonna defend Ford by telling me they are in financial straits and that's why they are selling the average product at a premium price?

Or are you gonna just not buy a freakin' Ford?

Companies charging double for the same thing, just so they can tack extra stuff on that I never wanted, can go to hell for all I'm concerned. These are hard times. You better compete or I lose interest in you.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

deathcape said:
just suck it up prestine..please..I mean

the Wii gets shitted over every week and it's leading this generation

the PS3 is dying (harsh truth, truth nonetheless) and they praise it alot

please..just get over it

in the next few weeks everyone will be drooling over your beloved HD games anyway

I don't see the problem ^^''

You're funny. I won't say much else.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

kirby007 said:
why all those "Why All The PS3 Hate?" threads?

this