By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why All The PS3 Hate?

Well, yeah, this 'unknown' blogger (as if that´s automatically a negative thing) wrote a better article than Times and CNN.

Around the Network
blazinhead89 said:
Typical fanboys derailing the thread, Props Pristine for the find

Thanks man, came across it by accident and decided to do the Gebx lol

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

I didn't mean he's a Sony fanboy in a literal sence, but that his defending Sony in the same way as Sony fans, using the same arguments.

He's probably okay and knows a lot about gaming. Probably a hardcore gamer.

I never said Heavenly Sword was a bad game, but it sounds a little funny to call it a "MUST HAVE".

It’s almost as if the whole industry has something against Sony for winning the last two generations

Note to author: When you start your article like that, you sound like a whiny spoiled kid. Don't do it.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

kirby007 said:
why all those "Why All The PS3 Hate?" threads?

This.

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Around the Network

I think it can be summed up in one word 'relative'. Sony has for lack of a better term dominanted the industry for over a decade and a half and now they find themselves scraping the barrel for the dregs. Relative to previous successes to their current situation you can't expect to not garner a few headlines. Before the console's release the gauge meter of success was the PS2, now according to this article it's being better than the "flopped" Atari Jaguar. I do agree that some of the comments lately have been a bit unjust though.

Let me put it another way it's not 'all apart of the plan.'

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Slimebeast said:
Sigh. A wall of text written by an unknown blogger who obviously is a Sony fanboy.

Bingo. That article made my head hurt, and I wish I wouldn't have read it.

You know why all the PS3 hate?

Because the freakin' thing costs 400 dollars in a recession and we can't all afford one.

It's over-priced, I dont' care if it sucks your foot and fixes you a sandwich.

The reason it's overpriced, is because Sony used it as a tie in to hock its new media format, and continues forcing gamers to pay the price.

Sony deserves the hate, and imo, they deserve the poor sales as well. Start treating consumers well, and change with our needs, not your own, Sony. If you do something dumb that costs us time and money(RRoD, BR) then fix it for free. Don't just keep on pwning us with it, ffs.

The fact that this console is still 460 dollars after tax is insane, and someone deserves to pay for this horrible error.

weird, but i agree. Sony created this mess and put themselves in this hole.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Slimebeast said:
I didn't mean he's a Sony fanboy in a literal sence, but that his defending Sony in the same way as Sony fans, using the same arguments.

He's probably okay and knows a lot about gaming. Probably a hardcore gamer.

I never said Heavenly Sword was a bad game, but it sounds a little funny to call it a "MUST HAVE".

So how does that make him a fanboy, Just because he is unknown to most people doesn't mean he cant make a good article. It seems to me for someone to be "official" , they have to be paid an extravagant salary and work for IGN, and the big name sites. BS i say,

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Slimebeast said:
Sigh. A wall of text written by an unknown blogger who obviously is a Sony fanboy.

Because the freakin' thing costs 400 dollars in a recession and we can't all afford one.

The reason it's overpriced, is because Sony used it as a tie in to hock its new media format, and continues forcing gamers to pay the price.

Sony deserves the hate, and imo, they deserve the poor sales as well. Start treating consumers well, and change with our needs, not your own, Sony. If you do something dumb that costs us time and money(RRoD, BR) then fix it for free. Don't just keep on pwning us with it, ffs.

The fact that this console is still 460 dollars after tax is insane, and someone deserves to pay for this horrible error.

You know something Zen, price isn't everything. Why are people buying the iphone again? Iphone costs more than a ps3. I personally can't understand why as the only thing I'll ever use an iphone for is to call people.

It's easy to ask for a lower price point on the ps3 but you people forget that the components of the machine itself are more expensive than either the 360 or wii so it just can't be sold for the same price.

Surely consumers don't want what the ps3 offers for it's price or don't care for the extras. This is a mistake sony has made. Whats done is done, no use beating a dead horse. Dropping the price is not the solution to this as that defeats the purpose of running a business. The solution is to offer the best to those who have/will take the plunge because they like the system offers and plan well for next time.

Price cuts from a company in crisis?

For the record, the poster of the article isn't a sony fanboy. He's track record shows this

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Slimebeast said:

So Sony should suffer for Below cost selling to its Loyal Fans ie They lose Money so we can play their console. Hasn't sony always done that? And no one is forcing you to by a PS3.