By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA/Sony Most games over Metacritic of 80 this year...

subjective numbers set to a subjective rating system. Great way to twist logic.

Around the Network

this goes into most things in life, the best movies sell like crap, its usually the best marketed or the one people like the names or stars that sells the most.

Anyone seen Frost/Nixon ?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
DTG said:
Frankly, highly reviewed games receiving low sales numbers doesn't prove a flaw in the quality of reviewers but rather the ignorance and stupidity of mainstream buyers. Just because the majority is uninformed and dumb doesn't man that reviewers shouldn't keep to higher standards.

Is there a reason to sound so arrogant & bitter at the same time? Do you really fear the Wii and DS (or their buyers) so much?

The type of games you love will always be developed, they won't disappear.

DTG said:
You dont need to "understand" the wii to adequately review it's games. Difficulty, writing, storyline, presentation, depth of gameplay and length are the essential components a game is to be judged by. This is universal, not console specific

Yep, because fun is overrated right?

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Falcon095 said:
DTG said:
You dont need to "understand" the wii to adequately review it's games. Difficulty, writing, storyline, presentation, depth of gameplay and length are the essential components a game is to be judged by. This is universal, not console specific

exactly ! it is.

Around the Network

SONY = the best

PS3 has tons of good games now
PSP is not dead or dying anytime soon

now i can say since 2007 to 2008 the PS3 has/had the best games out of all the other platforms

Million said:
Falcon095 said:
DTG said:

exactly ! it is.

Sorry, my sarcasm detector is broken, are you serious?

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Zucas said:

Really all those games from Sony averaged 80% are better. Ok haha. Goes to show you that what reviewers think has nothing to do with what the customers think.

Yep, goes to show you what this new gaming audience buys, casual crap, over quality games.

mM
321tttrini4everz said:
SONY = the best

PS3 has tons of good games now
PSP is not dead or dying anytime soon

now i can say since 2007 to 2008 the PS3 has/had the best games out of all the other platforms

Well.. that depends, if we look at metacritic (like this thread) the X360 still has the best games out of all other platforms games. If you say that in your opinion it's ok.

Oh you mean from 2007 to 2008? Ok then, i read it wrong

Falcon095 said:
Million said:
Falcon095 said:
DTG said:

exactly ! it is.

Sorry, my sarcasm detector is broken, are you serious?

no...