By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - X-Box 360 numbers.

Why does everyone seem to think the PS3 isnt doing as good as the X-Box 360? I mean I understand the PS3 is doing horrible compared to what people expected it to do. Alot of people dont think the PS3 did as well as the 360 even on launch. I have some numbers here to prove it. 360: 118,000+929,750=1,047,750 PS3: 709,000+1,035,500=1,744,500 The first number is japan, the second is NA. I'm not counting Europe, because we dont know how europe sales will be for the PS3, nor do we know a weekly or monthly count in Europe. So I have no idea how many 360's were sold in Europe. As long as sales continue to be higher for the PS3 than the 360 (compared to last year) I would say Sony is winning. Come June. The PS3 should pass the 360 in all 3 markets on a monthly basis. If it does not. Then start thinking of doom.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network

A few reasons: The 360 launched in Europe the same month of Japan. That's a 10 day period between US and Europe's launches, versus November to March for PS3. This has allowed Sony to build up far more unit sales in the US/Japan than the 360 did in the US/Japan. Not including European figures is stupid because they are units sold of the system in the same timeframe of a launch window. Put it this way: Company A sells 5 million units in 3 months after launch in 1 country Company B sells 7 million units in 3 months after launch in 5 countries Which one sold better? Also, compare software sales of the 360 versus the PS3 at this point in their launches: Even if you just compare US + Japan on both (to which Sony would have a huge advantage due to more systems in both countries shipped vs. MS selling to 3 territories): Software sales: 3591500 360 games sold in the US vs. 2246750 PS3 games sold in the US The 360 is ahead 1.3 million games in the US....And thats using old VG charts data when they weren't as accurate. Sony is "winning" by convincing enough people to buy the console at such an insane price. However, they are loosing due to horrid attach rates for games - which is what makes Sony any money. The big reason some see the PS3 loosing is looking at where both systems came from last generation - The PS2 is still selling insanely at 110m+ units, and the Xbox is dead in the water at 25m units. For the 360 to go neck and neck with PS3 is rather a large coup 'd gras. Again, even though both systems are about equal at this point in w/w h/w sales, the PS3 is losing because they've destroyed the Playstation name, whereas the 360 is building on theirs.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

When the PS3 launches in Europe and blows the 360's European numbers out of the water... they will you agree with me?

Kwaad said: When the PS3 launches in Europe and blows the 360's European numbers out of the water... they will you agree with me?
At that price I don't think they will. But then again you never know, just wait and see. I for one think the PS3 is doa, it sold less in the USA in its first month than the 360 and has never outsold it here head to head. The price is causing it to bomb, but lets just wait until the Euro numbers are out, but the 360 is winning in North America. BTW, why is this here? Shouldn't this be in sales?

The PS3 is just so expensive that it is just hard for people to accept that the mediocre sales are impressive given the price point. I think people just figure because they cannot afford to buy one that the same is true of everyone else.

Lifetime Sales Prediction - 6/29/2013
Wii U - 38 million
XBOX One - 88 million
Playstation 4 - 145 million

Around the Network

Death2009 said: Kwaad said: When the PS3 launches in Europe and blows the 360's European numbers out of the water... they will you agree with me? At that price I don't think they will. But then again you never know, just wait and see. I for one think the PS3 is doa, it sold less in the USA in its first month than the 360 and has never outsold it here head to head. The price is causing it to bomb, but lets just wait until the Euro numbers are out, but the 360 is winning in North America. BTW, why is this here? Shouldn't this be in sales?
I have no idea... I thought it was in sales... o.o Umm... The 360 costs more than a PS3. 400$+300$=700$. The 360 is 100$ more expensive than a PS3, and it does not have a BluRay player. :P

catofellow said: The PS3 is just so expensive that it is just hard for people to accept that the mediocre sales are impressive given the price point. I think people just figure because they cannot afford to buy one that the same is true of everyone else.
You need to post more. I like you.

Kwaad said: Death2009 said: Kwaad said: When the PS3 launches in Europe and blows the 360's European numbers out of the water... they will you agree with me? At that price I don't think they will. But then again you never know, just wait and see. I for one think the PS3 is doa, it sold less in the USA in its first month than the 360 and has never outsold it here head to head. The price is causing it to bomb, but lets just wait until the Euro numbers are out, but the 360 is winning in North America. BTW, why is this here? Shouldn't this be in sales? I have no idea... I thought it was in sales... o.o Umm... The 360 costs more than a PS3. 400$+300$=700$. The 360 is 100$ more expensive than a PS3, and it does not have a BluRay player. :P
The 360 is $400...Where are you getting that extra $300 from?

Death2009 said: The 360 is $400...Where are you getting that extra $300 from?
6 years of online. The thing I hate about the 360. I *HATE* paying *MORE* for online than I already do. (unless it's a MMO)

Kwaad said: Death2009 said: The 360 is $400...Where are you getting that extra $300 from? 6 years of online.
http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2268879&cp=2255974.2259873.2268831 http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_constraint=0&search_query=xbox+360&ic=24_0 http://www.target.com/gp/search.html/602-8940890-4022236?ie=UTF8&index=target&field-browse=1038576&rank=-price&ref=sr%5Fbx%5F1%5F1&field-keywords=xbox%20360 It's 400 without games and 300 for the core....Can't find any evidence backing up that 700 buck thing. Can't seem to figure out where you are getting that extra 300 from.