By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Fallout 3, "Shockingly Inferior"?!

I, like many, watched in horror as Gamespot revealed to the world, that the PS3 version of Fallout 3, was shockingly inferior (their words not mine) to the PC, and XBox 360 versions. I had gotten PS3s version the day before, and hadn't gotten the time to play it yet, so I was more than just a little disappointed to hear it. Undaunted, I started a campaign anyway, and kept waiting......and waiting, and waiting. Waiting for the game to explode! I mean, that would be shocking wouldn't it? What I found was an amazing game. I am probably 15+ hours into it, and I am loving it. One of the best games I have ever played. I have to admit that I have ran across a bug or two. There was a place where an entire supermutant "fell" into a pile of rubble and couldn't get out, thus keeping me from killing him. There was also instances where enemys "bled" through walls, but I have seen that in bunches of games. I remember in COD4 at times where you could see peoples shadows from upstairs on the ceiling of the room downstairs. That was cool. I haven't played the PC or 360s versions, so there is a possibility that I may be speaking out of turn. That being said, I can't imagine the other versions being that much better as to make the PS3 version, "inferior". Shockingly inferior even. In your HONEST opinion, what do you think was this guys motivation for saying this. I mean, if he had said that they were slightly better, I could see that. Even conceed that! What irritates me most about it, is that if I had heard that before I had bought the game, that would have been enough to influence my buying decision. I would have gotten it for the PC. And seeing how involved, and long this game is, that would have sucked. I mean, it's alot more comfortable playing this game sitting on my couch with a hoagie, than it would have been sitting on a kitchen chair in my hallway. Can anyone reading this think of a good reason that this version should have been called "shockingly inferior"?

Around the Network

Well visually it isnt inferior at all, performence is what is bugged on the ps3 version(according to you glitches are rare..), slower FR, bugs, etc..

Visually its similar if not the same as the XBOX 360 version.

btw..

Does the game have trophies?

mM

Because the PS3 is hard to develop for...

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

@Leo J
yes they released a patch for trophies not too long ago iirc.

while it may not be as bad as you think, I had friends who told me that the game freezes everytime you get some kind of xmb message like when a friend logs on. I have 100 friends on psn so I realized this was a must skip. In the same era as COD4 and DMC4, I can't fathom the necessity of bad ports and refuse to buy them.

People say the ps3 is hard to code for and other things but I'm pretty sure a lot of us have hard jobs yet we try to do our jobs to the best of our ability. Ps2 was hard to code for yet that excuse never got thrown around. The same bethesda that made oblivion on ps3 made this? Kinda hard to believe. Some devs get it done anyway, others don't for one reason or the other. Infinity ward and Capcom did in this case while Bethesda just "didn't" period.

People might flame me for posting this but it's my opinion nonetheless and will NOT change.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

The glitch of it freezing when a friend signs on was fixed with a patch last week.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

From what I understand, there game is pretty much fine right now, a few bugs here or there.

4 ≈ One

Yeah it's got trophys. I have read some things about frame rates, and they are telling me that the 360s are slightly higher and most important, more stable. This is one of those areas that I have to conceed that the 360 version is better, but better in a nit picky kind of way. Like saying one car is better than another because it can go 5 MPH faster. I just think it's really unfair of Gamespot to crucify this game just because of such slight differences.

they fixed some of those issue

leo-j said:
Well visually it isnt inferior at all, performence is what is bugged on the ps3 version(according to you glitches are rare..), slower FR, bugs, etc..

Visually its similar if not the same as the XBOX 360 version.

btw..

Does the game have trophies?

Actually it IS visibly inferiror just by taking a quick glance.