By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The RROD has apparently fried some minds as well as some consoles.

that is what a lot of people do they just buy new ones. As I was explaining to mrstickball the rrod will never go away, how many consumers has microsoft let down their xbox 360 is the question we need to ask.

Enough is enough Microsoft start making quality hardware, and dont let us the gamers down. as reeves said shody machines wont grow the market i will have to disagree, Microsoft get youre house in order!

Around the Network

People are stupid. Some people would rather pay the $200 for a new system, rather than take 30 minutes out of their day to send a 360 in.

Having said this, I am certain that it's more than just the 360 that has consumers do that.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

its simple newer models arent suppose to RROD so instead of going thru all the trouble of waiting (which i hate doing) i will just go out and trade mine in and get a newer model that suppose to work.

200 bucks for no more worries is not that big of a price to pay. you people spend more on food prolly. (i no i do)

i have gone thru M$ and im sick of them sending me 5 (refrubed) xboxes. if the new ones are also defective then im done with M$ as a whole.

Not surprising, especially considering that most teenagers are on some sort of a holiday break, and would rather spend the money on a new console, than wait for the repaired one to be returned.

In fact......not just teenagers because one of my friends did this exact same thing, all because he didnt want to wait (older console by the way). He did, however still send it in for repairs which ultimately I think this kid will do in the long run.

When my first PS2 started to mess up on me with the DRE problem I just bought a new one instead of bothering Sony to repair the problem.

Around the Network

Believe it or not, we live in the world of throwaway electronics.  About 10 years ago I walked into a TV repair shop with a broken VCR and the guy wanted to charge me $40 just to look at it.  I walked out and bought a new one from Best Buy.  I was watching a Seinfeld episode when Kramer was talking about returning fruit. Seinfeld says "Fruit's a gamble, I know that walking into it" or something.

My ipod shuffle just died, and that reminds me I have to check if it's still under warranty. With my 1.5 year old panasonic TV, sometimes the sound doesn't work so I have to turn it on and off a few times. My razr died after about 1.5 years so I just am using my girlfriends old phone. The fan on my old video card died after a few months (the first one didn't work at all so I had to RMA it), so I just used a slot fan pushed up next to it for two years and just recently bought a new one.

Meh, these days people just do the first thing that comes to mind...

4 ≈ One

I'm pretty sure the $199.99 + tax he spends on a new 360 Arcade unit is less then what it costs him to replace his cell phone and fix his PC.

megaman2 said:
that is what a lot of people do they just buy new ones. As I was explaining to mrstickball the rrod will never go away, how many consumers has microsoft let down their xbox 360 is the question we need to ask.

Enough is enough Microsoft start making quality hardware, and dont let us the gamers down. as reeves said shody machines wont grow the market i will have to disagree, Microsoft get youre house in order!

Smelly little troll

He probably wasnt thinking straight. Maybe he was annoyed his console had failed yet again

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot