By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The RROD has apparently fried some minds as well as some consoles.

maybe the warranty was up and wanted one of the new jasper models.

then on the other hand i was watching two girls trying on some earrings Friday i thought id never be caught dead in when i realized its none of my business.

Yep, i'm a girl

Around the Network

My friend done the exact same thing. He's on his 3rd 360.

One he gave to me, the other RROD and he replaced it with an elite, threw the RROD model in the bin.

That actually explains why the 360 sales seem higher then they should be.  They definitely are selling lots of 360,  but I'll bet a fair percentage of the total number sold are re-sales to existing customers verses bringing new people into the fold.   The 360 is not the great value it is perceived to be if you have to by it two or more times!  <YIKES> 

Aha! So this is why 360 has sold more than the Xbox, I have a RRoDeathed 360 but I sure am not buying a new one!!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

I would think this is logical. Why the hell go through the hassle and wait WEEKS for a repair (during which time you cannot play games) when you can just spend 200 for a new one, right away and keep playing where you left off. Believe it or not 200 is chump change in the larger scheme of things.

Around the Network
StarrGazer said:

That actually explains why the 360 sales seem higher then they should be.  They definitely are selling lots of 360,  but I'll bet a fair percentage of the total number sold are re-sales to existing customers verses bringing new people into the fold.   The 360 is not the great value it is perceived to be if you have to by it two or more times!   

I can't believe the # of people who think buying a new system is no big deal in this situation.  I'm sure it would be next to impossible to accurately study this phenomenon, but I'd be very interested to know how much of the sales gap between PS3 and 360 consists of buying a new console to replace a defective one.  The big question is how many UNIQUE 360 users are out there and how many of the consoles sold are redundant?

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

candy2500 said:

maybe the warranty was up and wanted one of the new jasper models.

then on the other hand i was watching two girls trying on some earrings Friday i thought id never be caught dead in when i realized its none of my business.

I don't think many people will understand that philosophy round here!

StarrGazer said:

That actually explains why the 360 sales seem higher then they should be.  They definitely are selling lots of 360,  but I'll bet a fair percentage of the total number sold are re-sales to existing customers verses bringing new people into the fold.   The 360 is not the great value it is perceived to be if you have to by it two or more times!   

Source? A Shot In The Dark? Blatent Assumuption? Pack Of Lies?

So, we get a few PS3 Fanboys on here every now and again saying what the OP said, or similar. Then its automatically true and happens the world over all the time?

Its an utter nonsense, I would hazard a guess that fewer than 1% of people with an Xbox 360 that RRODs just "throws it away". Does that make me right?

No

But its a damn sight more likely than a person who overheard ONE conversation and thereby is now fact, and according to you will actually have a notable effect on sales figures?

"facepalm"

dougsdad0629 said:
StarrGazer said:

I can't believe the # of people who think buying a new system is no big deal in this situation.  I'm sure it would be next to impossible to accurately study this phenomenon, but I'd be very interested to know how much of the sales gap between PS3 and 360 consists of buying a new console to replace a defective one.  The big question is how many UNIQUE 360 users are out there and how many of the consoles sold are redundant?

Oh please? Can you hear yourself?

Are you seriously expecting us to believe that you think StarrGazer is correct in his "highly sophisticated analysis"

I think you should learn to stop trolling, because the part of your post here that is bolded is your real question. But it seems to wanted to veil this with the OP because you knew the reaction would be negative if you just outright said what you are saying in this post.

EDIT

So its only the people who buy Xbox 360s who throw them away?

Your argument is absurd.

This is exactly why Microsoft doesn't care that they put out a faulty console. They know that most people are stupid and will just buy a new one when it breaks. This is also why it shows that the 360 is selling so well. I know a couple people that have bought 2 ans 3 consoles due to RROD or other issues and sold there defective ones on Ebay.