By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii Play outsold PS3

I hear that wii fit has ten year plan.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
DanielD said:
leo-j said:
Wow this is horrible, absolutely horrible, what has humanity become

Wow this is horrible, absolutely horrible, what has PS3 become.

Fixed.

W.e whats done is done, the ps3 is an amazing console the best I have, I hate how its being rejected, btw.. not like its my problem

It would be the best console I have too.... in that it makes a much better PS2 then my old PS2.  Not having to constantly swap and guess which memory cards go for each game is great.  Instead i can just label the cards.

Valkria Chronicles is awesome too.

And this thread is NOT a trolling?
While this one http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=52750 is?

So, just GOOD/GREAT PS360 multiplatform games, that Wii only users are going to miss, despite great selling Wii hardware. These are NOT exclusives.

Current:

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Grand Theft Auto IV
Assassin's Creed
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas
Bioshock
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition
Fallout 3
Devil May Cry 4
Soul Calibur IV
Saints Row 2
Burnout Paradise
Battlefield: Bad Company
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
The Orange Box
DiRT
Army of Two
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames
Far Cry 2
Condemned 2: Bloodshot
Dead Space
GRID
Dark Sector
The Darkness
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution
Unreal Tournament III
Midnight Club: Los Angeles
Pure
Armored Core 4
Stranglehold
The Last Remnant
Eternal Sonata
Mirror's Edge
The Club
Tom Clancy's EndWar
Virtua Fighter 5
Prince of Persia

And upcoming:

Resident Evil 5
Street Fighter 4
Bayonetta
Tekken 6
Final Fantasy XIII
Chronicles or Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
The Witcher: Rise of the White Wolf
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
Afro Samurai
Deus Ex 3
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel

WTF???

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Usul said:
It's a shame that crappy games like this sell that much (but people is buying it for the free controller).

Anyway, I don't see the good point of this. I mean, we gamers want to play games like Wii Play (crap), Wii Fit (let's go out and make some real exercice please), Mario Kart Wii (worse than the DS version which is great), Animal Crossing Wii (the same as GameCube and DS), Wii Sports (it's only fun to play at first, controls are inacurate and very simple)?

I'd quit playing games if the only options were these games. I loved when Nintendo made good games, but now with the Wii (except Mario Galaxy, Zelda and Metroid) it is insulting. Moreover, most people buy the Wii to try it and get bored veeeeeeeeeeery quickly.

Luckily we can choose PS3 or 360 and play some real games... As I said in another post... I hope the PS3 and 360 combined will outsell the Wii, at least in sofware sales, so we can continue having great games in the future.

Wow this is classic fanboyism "Wii has no Games"  argument is pretty old and i dont think anyone treats it seriously anymore. It's ridicilous how fanboys like you think that they have superior taste to everyone else involved in gaming because you're hardcore or something? 

For one you should be happy that this hobby becomes mainstream and no longer is associated with bunch of geeks in a basement.

And another classic fanboy argument "I used to be a Nintendo fan" right (why does so many PS3 fanboys say it?),  Ninty does not release as many games like in N64/GC era?, they do but you dislike them for games you dont even play, that appeal to different people.  Fanboys are sad just sad....

Paul said:
I hear that wii fit has ten year plan.

ROFL !  XD 

My keyboard got Coca Cola'd!

Around the Network

the wole wide world  has become that we all hope we never see

a big mass of casual gamer... and this is sucks badly :l

poor people

Hilariously, Nintendo would have made a profit with every copy of Wii Play sold, wheras Sony made a loss with every PS3 sold....so not only did the Wii thrash the PS3 this generation...so did Wii Play!!

kabhold said:
I bought Wii Play for the controller and sold the game on ebay for 20 USD. So I got a controller for 10 less. If I need another I'll do the exact same thing again. Horrible game. As for sales compared to anything. I could care less.

Its good you could care less because your story is anecdotal evidence against two of the biggest critisms of the game's sales. (not your actions, the actions of your buyer)

Neoraf said:
Gilgamesh said:
amp316 said:
Gilgamesh said:

For now

C'mon man. Do you really think that PS3s are going to start outselling it?

I just can't see Wii Play hitting 50 million and the PS3 should definitely sell over 50 million.

LOL, PS3, 50 million?
You must be kidding...

In 2016 maybe... if it stay on the market until then.

by 2016 the PS3 should easily be able to hit 65 million, its not going to be $400 forever ya know

Wow.