By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Bungie Playing up the Mystery of Master Cheif's Gender?

I know Haloid was a fan made video. It looks like shit. Why did anyone get the impression that I was suggesting it to be anything else? I specifically used it as an example of fan hype. Read the OP next time people, lol.

“The Hardcore of the Peach is its pits. Try to get the whole fruit!”

- John Lucas

“Every industry is filled with the grave stones of companies who kept doing the same thing.”

- Reggie Fils-Aime

“You don’t play Graphics, you look at them.”

- Unknown

“Casual Gaming = Anything that’s not an FPS”

- Sony Fandom

Around the Network

Uh, doesnt he say "Not Yet" in that same preview trailer? In a man's voice?

Sorry, didn't remember that part. Oh well, just a thought. I hope no one thought I was actually pushing the theory myself.

- John Lucas

“Every industry is filled with the grave stones of companies who kept doing the same thing.”

- Reggie Fils-Aime

- Unknown

- Sony Fandom

No, I don't think Halo fans would dare think of their Master Chief as anything less than the most muscular man in the world.

That said, it's obvious he is a man...there's not really a debate about it. They could always put a female Master Chief in Halo...but the ones so far are male...that's it.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

if it was female no 360 fans would buy it.
seriously.

Around the Network

Everyone knows he's a big whoopsy that wears floral dresses in the privacy of his own spaceship.

Sporticus said:
I know Haloid was a fan made video. It looks like shit.

Credibility rating -1

Dolla Dolla said:
Sporticus said:
I know Haloid was a fan made video. It looks like shit.

Credibility rating -1

I beg your pardon?

If you read the original post you'll see I was aware it was a fan made video all along, there is no site, no evidence nor any claim it was ever official. Also, by "looking like shit", I meant there is no way something so rough could have been a official production, not that it looks like shit for a fan video.

What could have been a fun thread quickly turned sour and for some reason people started taking it really seriously. I guess people felt this was a jab at Halo? And with person after person reading only the most recent replies people's understanding of what the thread was meant to be only snow balled more and more out of control. Now its just plain ugly. Please people, read the original post next time and save everyone the trouble.

- John Lucas

- Reggie Fils-Aime

- Unknown

- Sony Fandom

Still, it'd be interesting to see a female spartan in Halo. (there have only been females in the books right, no game so far?)

Red Vs. Blue had a female Spartan.

- John Lucas

- Reggie Fils-Aime

- Unknown

- Sony Fandom