By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Reeves: “You don’t grow the market by putting out shoddy machines”

Could this be a jibe at 360?

heres the article.

SCEE president David Reeves has told MCV that substandard hardware will do nothing to grow the games market.

“We also grow the market through new products – some work, some don’t, that’s just the Sony way,” he said.

“And on that point, another thing we have committed to for supporting market growth is putting out quality hardware – you don’t grow the market by putting out shoddy machines.

“So we try to make sure that PS3s have a failure rate of just two to three per cent, which is very low by industry standards.”

Take that, Microsoft.

Got the piece here.

VG247

Around the Network

Yep, sounds like a direct jab to RROD and lack of HD DVD drive in teh 3-6zor.

That's why I like Sony so much, nothing but quality electronics, and they last forever.

Duplicate thread: http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=53747

ferret1603 said:
Duplicate thread: http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=53747

Oops sorry I checked the Sony forum must have missed it

Around the Network

i think they are talking about their two previous systems that were complete failures and didnt grow the market because of their hardware problems...the ps1 and ps2.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Cool I guess... but I don't think they could have said that around PS2 launch time....

4 ≈ One

Gilgamesh said:

That's why I like Sony so much, nothing but quality electronics, and they last forever.

Or at least until they break down and you have to buy another....PS2.

Gilgamesh said:

llewdebkram said:
Gilgamesh said:

Or at least until they break down and you have to buy another....PS2.

Never happened to me, my PS1, PS2, and PS3 have been going strong from the day I bought it.