By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War III: Things from the trailer you might not have noticed

holy crap, the face thing is really 'wow'. i've never seen such detailed facial animations before (not even on metal gear).

the third thing, well.. i'm not sure. it might be just some kind of mistake. if they really are fighting ON a moving titan, that would be damn impressive.

first thing, not really quite impressed though.

Around the Network

I didn't noticed that, but I know something: GOWIII will be a beast, no doubt about that!

bugrimmar said:
holy crap, the face thing is really 'wow'. i've never seen such detailed facial animations before (not even on metal gear).

the third thing, well.. i'm not sure. it might be just some kind of mistake. if they really are fighting ON a moving titan, that would be damn impressive.

first thing, not really quite impressed though.

They've got the giant chains and everything, like in the background of thise shot:

In fact, in this scene I think he's actually breaking the chains, thus freeing the titan:

But remember at the end of God of War II, he was climbing up Mount Olympus on Gaia's back? Zeus isn't just going to sit around and let him reach the top, he's going to send beasts to try and kill Kratos! So the titan idea is actually very likely.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Here the chains are more visible:

Around the Network

I said the game looked shitty before but now im really digging the "painted" look,almost as if the game is a picture upon a museum ,but his texture look really low res...

Garnett said:
I said the game looked shitty before but now im really digging the "painted" look,almost as if the game is a picture upon a museum ,but his texture look really low res...

Indeed, but I'm Santa Monica can polish it up before it releases later in 2009.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Garnett said:

That's a given.  We'll probably see great improvements in both textures and particle effects (notably the flames on Kratos' blades) prior to release, with the geometry and such staying for the most part the same, aside from some artistic changes.  They'll probably add more light sources as well.

Just look at the changes Killzone 2 has had over the past 3-6 months.

Agreed, makingmusic.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

makingmusic476 said:
outlawauron said:
Garnett said:

That's a given. We'll probably see great improvements in both textures and particle effects (notably the flames on Kratos' blades) prior to release, with the geometry and such staying for the most part the same, aside from some artistic changes. They'll probably add more light sources as well.

Just look at the changes Killzone 2 has had over the past 3-6 months.

Your right,im sure the game will look loads better in a few months.