By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Now I think about it, whats with many ads on COD WAWii? My opinion on it

OH OK, yeah... I did say COD WAW gimped on the graphics but its the truth though... The Wii could do better but doesnt mean its not bad either. BTW, DO YOU HAVE A WII? because it seem you dont know what you're posting about.

i think you never seen the graphics of COD WAW Wii arent you? Its gimped, even in Wii's standards when COD 4 engine were concerned, it should be Source engine standards by now. But it doesnt mean its bad graphics like QoS either...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

In other news, the Wii version is in 250,000 in sales so far. WOOT!

This game definitely have legs and makes profit...

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

I didn't know what I was posting because I didn't know your points. It was confusion.

I have a Wii. I posted that weeks ago.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

COD WAWii was definitely gimped wether in graphics or features but I dont care about the graphics either, Im the one who played QoS Wii with the graphics as same as early PS2 so my standard in terms of graphics was different as long as it have good gameplay.

We just cant deny it. COD WAWii WAS GIMPED

E3 2010- Tape runs out

yushire said:
COD WAWii was definitely gimped wether in graphics or features but I dont care about the graphics either, Im the one who played QoS Wii with the graphics as same as early PS2 so my standard in terms of graphics was different as long as it have good gameplay.

Well thanks for clearing it up. I agree about gameplay especially multiplayer being gimped. However Activision claimed that they "had" to do it because they "didn't want to sacrifice gfx" etc..

personally I think thats a plain lie, and like you said it was rushed because they realised shit Wii is doing well. PS3 version and 360 were in development for 2years. Wii version probably for more like a year or just over. 

In the end I think this is what has led to poor sales.

- The lack of features like the other versions.

- The poor number of available copies at launch.

- No advertising when it launched.

Now it is hard to say if Activision will force Infinity Ward to make a Wii version, since Infinity Ward could argue to Activision that CoD:WAW sold shit on Wii, that Wii isn't a CoD audience.

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
yushire said:

Well thanks for clearing it up. I agree about gameplay especially multiplayer being gimped. However Activision claimed that they "had" to do it because they "didn't want to sacrifice gfx" etc..

personally I think thats a plain lie, and like you said it was rushed because they realised shit Wii is doing well. PS3 version and 360 were in development for 2years. Wii version probably for more like a year or just over. 

In the end I think this is what has led to poor sales.

- The lack of features like the other versions.

- The poor number of available copies at launch.

- No advertising when it launched.

Now it is hard to say if Activision will force Infinity Ward to make a Wii version, since Infinity Ward could argue to Activision that CoD:WAW sold shit on Wii, that Wii isn't a CoD audience.

YEAH, I do agree with you. But Im also glad that it sell as it is now not because Im supporting Activision with COD WAW Wii but because someone proves Activision that theres a audience reagarding this genres on the wii. For a long time, 3rd parties keeps ignoring he Wii but now they cant ignore it anymore. And I thank treyarch to atleast develop this game on the Wii, now theres no excuse for Activision to not develop a COD with COD 4 engine on the Wii...

E3 2010- Tape runs out

yushire said:
outlawauron said:

I think that abadoning your product is also a stupid move. Show off the advantages of the Wii version. It's stupid to just abadon potential money. You want to build a strong fanbase for future franchises.

SO... you're saying that by advertising the Wii version they could sell the franchise on the Wii in the future even the HD version could sell even more in the coming sequel of COD? Lets just face it, lets face the facts, if not for Treyarch there would be no COD WAW for the Wii. And with Infinity Ward developing the next COD I doubt there'll be no another COD for the Wii.

The really odd thing was its still advertised in TV even with the low sales and its gimped.

I think in my conclusion that somehow Activsion is profiting from this game. If not, why advertised it? Its just a waste of time and money to advertise for a game that will never sell as expected. SURE, theres no need for advertising for the HD versions but why advertising the Wii version too? Its not practical.

@ese-petteri----> LOL you dont know how much the development cost of the wii version, its horribly gimped I doubt they lose profits if the game is only sale for 100,000 in its lifetime. Activision have a loss making the Wii version? LOL

Why advertise something that is flying off the shelves?

And it is foolish to think that the Wii can not sell more copies of WaW. It's the biggest userbase. Activision better hope and pray that they can sell millions of their most popular franchise on the Wii.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Just to point this out; "Im agree thatn COD WAWii was gimped because the Wii dont have other features same as the PS360 and PC versions but gimped because of the graphics?"

I dont care about the graphics but definitely its gimped. Even the graphics... ITS GIMPED. Sorry for not pointing out this sooner... Im just want to say that in terms of graphics I dont care about it, I dont even care if its a PS2 graphics but still its still a gimped game...

@outlaw-----> If thats what you think about this situation then its too late for Activision right now, Wii version will not catch up with the HD versions even the games have legs.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

yushire said:
Just to point this out; "Im agree thatn COD WAWii was gimped because the Wii dont have other features same as the PS360 and PC versions but gimped because of the graphics?"

I dont care about the graphics but definitely its gimped. Even the graphics... ITS GIMPED. Sorry for not pointing out this sooner... Im just want to say that in terms of graphics I dont care about it, I dont even care if its a PS2 graphics but still its still a gimped game...

@outlaw-----> If thats what you think about this situation then its too late for Activision right now, Wii version will not catch up with the HD versions even the games have legs.

Oh, I don't think it come close to either HD version. I just think they it should get closer to 2 million before the next one comes out. That would be acceptable I think.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
yushire said:

Oh, I don't think it come close to either HD version. I just think they it should get closer to 2 million before the next one comes out. That would be acceptable I think.

So below 2 million you'll think its flop eh? After 6th week and 250,000 sales after as of now, I think it will be in 2 million I THINK... I hope so. Since you say Activision wants to established the COD franchise on the Wii by giving it more advertisements...

E3 2010- Tape runs out