By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Now I think about it, whats with many ads on COD WAWii? My opinion on it

yushire said:
outlawauron said:
yushire said:
outlawauron said:
They are selling to sell more? The HD versions don't need any help.

I think you answered your own question.

So they care for the Wii versions now even the other versions makes huge profits? That makes no sense. If the other versions making profit why should they care for the wii version and bother to make ads for it? To  lose profit on the commercials? WHAT?!!

They care more about selling it being that they can't get it to sell along with what they wanted it to.

You try to help sell what you are having trouble selling. It's the common marketing sense.

NO in business, if a product dont sell or trouble selling you either discard it or make the product 50 percent off, and make the product sold out just to empty the shelves you allocated for it and dont bother selling it again. Not make expensive ads just to promote it, thats a bad business sense.

I think that abadoning your product is also a stupid move. Show off the advantages of the Wii version. It's stupid to just abadon potential money. You want to build a strong fanbase for future franchises.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Things I learned from this thread:

HD development is far more expensive than I imagined. An HD game that was famously moneyhatted for $50 million and sold over 11 million copies still failed to make a profit. (GTA 4.) By extension, I'm pretty sure that every other HD game was a financial disaster.

An HD game has sold nearly 6 million copies between the three HD platforms. Development costs were substantially reduced by having the game engines already in place prior to development. The Wii version required it's own new game engine and individual art assets. However, Wii development is so cheap that with only 220k sales the Wii version has made more money than the HD versions. (CoD:WaW.)

Game developers are living in denial, and it will lead to ruin unless they abandon HD development now and go Wii exclusive. PC/360/PS3 gamers need to throw out their systems, buy a Wii, and forget about HD for now. Real HD gaming hasn't actually started yet, and won't start until Nintendo says so.

blizzid said:

HD development is far more expensive than I imagined. An HD game that was famously moneyhatted for $50 million and sold over 11 million copies still failed to make a profit. (GTA 4.) By extension, I'm pretty sure that every other HD game was a financial disaster.

An HD game has sold nearly 6 million copies between the three HD platforms. Development costs were substantially reduced by having the game engines already in place prior to development. The Wii version required it's own new game engine and individual art assets. However, Wii development is so cheap that with only 220k sales the Wii version has made more money than the HD versions. (CoD:WaW.)

Game developers are living in denial, and it will lead to ruin unless they abandon HD development now and go Wii exclusive. PC/360/PS3 gamers need to throw out their systems, buy a Wii, and forget about HD for now. Real HD gaming hasn't actually started yet, and won't start until Nintendo says so.

What? You did?

Wow, because none of those things are true. At all.

I think that it is sacrasm...... I hope.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

blizzid said:

Or maybe they advertise wii version so that they could get at least some money back of what they have lost on making such a title for wii.

GTA 4 made a big profit, where did you get the idea that it lost money? :)

And for bioshock, we are getting a sequel. Wouldn't that indicate that bioshock was profitable?

"I am so glad it bombed, that pathetic attempt deserves too."

Stop being glad. The game is still selling, and is selling more in others region each week.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

W@Wii will be HUGE!

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

I wouldn't say it will be huge, but it's not a bomb or flop. You all forget this is a Wii game, and you need at least three months to see if a game will be a hit.

Also, the CoD4 engine is scalable. Treyarch was very clear on that, so the game did not use a custom engine.

EDIT: Remember when Boom Blox was a flop?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

I havent seen any Wii adverts in the UK, but if there is a media campaign behind the game Activision probably realised that they have not put enough effort to promote game on that platform, it will probably crawl into some decent sales for them but they know it could have done so much better.

I think now it is too little to late.

Lolcislaw said:
I havent seen any Wii adverts in the UK, but if there is a media campaign behind the game Activision probably realised that they have not put enough effort to promote game on that platform, it will probably crawl into some decent sales for them but they know it could have done so much better.

I think now it is too little to late.

Only because you forget Wii game have long term sales.

outlawauron said:

I think that abadoning your product is also a stupid move. Show off the advantages of the Wii version. It's stupid to just abadon potential money. You want to build a strong fanbase for future franchises.

SO... you're saying that by advertising the Wii version they could sell the franchise on the Wii in the future even the HD version could sell even more in the coming sequel of COD? Lets just face it, lets face the facts, if not for Treyarch there would be no COD WAW for the Wii. And with Infinity Ward developing the next COD I doubt there'll be no another COD for the Wii.

The really odd thing was its still advertised in TV even with the low sales and its gimped.

I think in my conclusion that somehow Activsion is profiting from this game. If not, why advertised it? Its just a waste of time and money to advertise for a game that will never sell as expected. SURE, theres no need for advertising for the HD versions but why advertising the Wii version too? Its not practical.

@ese-petteri----> LOL you dont know how much the development cost of the wii version, its horribly gimped I doubt they lose profits if the game is only sale for 100,000 in its lifetime. Activision have a loss making the Wii version? LOL

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg