By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Now I think about it, whats with many ads on COD WAWii? My opinion on it

They are selling to sell more? The HD versions don't need any help.

I think you answered your own question.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Do we should have to admit that HD gaming was too early and too high tech in video gaming business as of now? Why Nintendo not choose the HD model? I mean I have to upgrade my video card just to play COD 4 in medium settings. And that really costs me. 2009 next year was a very very long time for these 3rd parties and SONY and MS. Maybe to you thats short but every profit in a day counts, and so far they lose profits than gaining it. How much money they have to bleed anyway?

Making games expensive and takes many manpower to develop was a bad business model. Lets say what if we have a HD console game but in less expensive? Which means less graphics and design, will you buy it? Because thats whats 3rd parties are for now. They cant take a awesome graphics game so they will take a less graphics one. Which also means buying those systems makes no sense, most people buy those systems because of the graphics...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

outlawauron said:

So they care for the Wii versions now even the other versions makes huge profits? That makes no sense. If the other versions making profit why should they care for the wii version and bother to make ads for it? To  lose profit on the commercials? WHAT?!!

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

I think the more logical answer is that they don't need to advertise the PS360 ones to sell but they do for the Wii. They obviously planned on doing this ahead because you pay in advance for so many commercials in a given time period. They payed for a lot. Sales should show the increases which is why I still think we are under tracking it in America. Wii is too mainstream of a console for that much advertising to not boost it at least a little.

yushire said:
outlawauron said:

So they care for the Wii versions now even the other versions makes huge profits? That makes no sense. If the other versions making profit why should they care for the wii version and bother to make ads for it? To  lose profit on the commercials? WHAT?!!

They care more about selling it being that they can't get it to sell along with what they wanted it to.

You try to help sell what you are having trouble selling. It's the common marketing sense.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:

Haha we do think alike.

outlawauron said:
yushire said:
outlawauron said:

They care more about selling it being that they can't get it to sell along with what they wanted it to.

You try to help sell what you are having trouble selling. It's the common marketing sense.

NO in business, if a product dont sell or trouble selling you either discard it or make the product 50 percent off, and make the product sold out just to empty the shelves you allocated for it and dont bother selling it again. Not make expensive ads just to promote it, thats a bad business sense.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

The game has broke 200k, and might even break 250k when the US figures come in. It's because of the legs that the Wii version is being marketed after the HD versions. Activision is recognizing the up front vs long terms sales of the systems.

BTW, Hudson and Majesco can still make lower budget games with an HD Nintendo system.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

ilovetogame said:
i think it's because the HD versions don't need any more advertising to sell like crazy while the wii version won't sell anything without advertising. and they realize that they need to build up their strength with wii gamers because very soon thats gonna be larger than the hd market and they need their games to start selling on the wii.

This.

And let me say, it appears to be working.  I was trying to buy a copy for a friend. My usual store was out but had it on order so I waited a day for their shipment to come in.  It was shortshipped because their supplier was out.   So I went to other stores, 2 EB Games, HMV & Walmart - 3 sold out, bought the last copy from the 2nd EB Games.   So we have 5 stores & at least one distributor sold out.  So while that may be only my area, I can say sales here are limited by supply not demand.

I'm enjoying the Wii version. Even though I have a great PC, it's fun to play on Wii because the other players are so bad online - I get like 30-40 kills before I die.

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8