By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - World of Goo is now on PAL Wiiware!

What was all that about it only being a disc based game in Europe?

World of Goo - 1500 points. I believe this is the same as in America? I haven't any points myself, but does that include the extra content PAL was getting for the disc version?.... or will there be a retail releasewith the extra stuff later?

The other games released in PAL regions today are:

Art Style: Orbient - 600pts
Niki - Rock 'n' Ball - 500pts
Sudoku Challenge! - 500pts

The Niki game looks interesting, from the description it seems like a mini platformer... but I will hold out to hear more about it first.

Around the Network

Also... looking at the Shop Channel.... I think it is the best first day sales of a PAL Wiiware game so far.

I'm guessing hat they canned the retail release altogether. I may be wrong, but it doesn't make much sense to do both (or to do one thing in one region and something else in another).

Orbient is fantastic, by the way.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I will be getting World of Goo when I next get some points... but I will need a 500 poiont game to get too.... unless I have enough slips now to get 100 points through the Club Nintendo..

Any ideas what this extra content is? if it is included, also anyone else think 1500 is on the steep side of things? though I have been led to believe it is worth it... im a bit hesitant...

Wii code: 6355-7594-5867-2364 Wii name: Mo Smash Bros Brawl: 5198-6095-4615 Cue Sports Revolution: 5327-4649-0447 Mario Kart Wii: 3308-8543-5834

SIG A.W.O.L

Around the Network
Mafaveli said:

Any ideas what this extra content is? if it is included, also anyone else think 1500 is on the steep side of things? though I have been led to believe it is worth it... im a bit hesitant...

I read the user guide and the "extra info" bit on it's page, but it doesn't say anything about it.

Supposedly though the PAL version (on disc) was going to come with an extra island/chapter..... so you get chapters 1 to 4, plus the epilogue, and the World of Goo corporation as is in the PC and American Wii version. Plus an extra chapter.

$20AU? Sorry, I'll pass. I don't know why, but most of the WiiWare titles seem very overpriced to me. I really want some titles around the 200-300pts, with premium games pricing around 800-1000 - not 1500.

They *really* need a demo system as well - or something that lets you download, play for a while - then pay if you want the rest.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

@Shams... aren't they priced similar to XBL titles? Megaman 9 was the same if I remember correctly. (800 MS points = 1000 Wii points)

I think your second idea would be complex, but nice addition.

Something I would like to see is the ability for titles to become cheaper over time, so if something isn't selling so well anymore (Toki Tori) knock it down to 500 points to get some extra sales.

Just got World of Goo. So glad they decided to bring it out on WiiWare.
I was not sure whether i would like this game, but i must say that it is absolutely brilliant and definitely worth 15 Euros.
Will probably get Orbient too. What a great WiiWare xmas present.

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

I´ll get it tomorrow. Really looking forward to it.
I don't think it's that expensive, €15 for a 95% metacritic game with tons of replay value. Not bad if you ask me.

I don't know about demo's, I actually don't like em on 360. I hated the Mirrors Edge and Dead Space demo.