By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Top 10 PSN downloads of 2008! Also, Lumines Supernova 12/23

Link:  http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/12/19/pain-is-the-most-downloaded-game-on-psn-in-2008/

PAIN is the most downloaded game on PSN in 2008

The latest episode of Pulse reveals the top PSN game downloads of 2008. At the top of the list is Idol Minds' PAIN. This isn't too surprising, considering it was included for free with the Metal Gear Solid 4 PS3 bundle earlier this year. However, we're surprised to see how well High Velocity Bowling has done. Other surprises include Aquatopia and High Stakes Poker.

Do you think the top 10 list is missing any games? We certainly think so. Where's WipEout HD? Although it's a PSP remake, we think it's an incredible value.

Here's the list, for those of you unable to see the image above:
  1. Pain
  2. High Velocity Bowling
  3. Super Stardust HD
  4. PixelJunk Monsters
  5. Flow
  6. Warhawk
  7. Aquatopia
  8. Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection
  9. High Stakes Poker Edition
  10. Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty

Lumines Supernova dropping on PSN Dec. 23

Rejoice, fellow and completely willing synesthesia sufferers! Q Entertainment has replaced its vague "Winter" release window for Lumines Supernova in favor of something more precise. The rhythmic block dropper will be available on the North American* PlayStation Network on Tuesday, December 23rd, just in time to drown out those obnoxious family members who only bother to drop by when there's a free Christmas dinner involved.

Ignoring them should be particularly easy given the bevy of distractions packed into Lumines Supernova's $15 package: 40 skins; a new "Dig Down" mode; a Sequencer mode for creating your own background music; Time Attack and Skin Edit modes; Puzzle and Mission levels; Trophies; and a local 2-player Battle mode for those sharing types who ignore the "mine" in Lumines.

And hey, don't forget the LittleBigPlanet skin, which will join a free "Holiday Pack" of 20 additional skins. The latter is available for a limited time only -- just like Christmas.

Pain was obviously helped with the MGS4 bundle, and isn't it bundled with UNCHARTED BABY!, and the 160 GB PS3?

This also gives us some more sales numbers, since I read somewhere that Ratchet did over 100k on PSN since it's release (Don't remember where, could be incorrect), but if that's true, Warhawk did 100k+ on PSN.  I will post the link if I can find it.  EDIT:  Nvm, can't find it.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:

Pain was obviously helped with the MGS4 bundle, and isn't it bundled with UNCHARTED BABY!, and the 160 GB PS3?

This also gives us some more sales numbers, since I read somewhere that Ratchet did over 100k on PSN since it's release (Don't remember where, could be incorrect), but if that's true, Warhawk did 100k+ on PSN.  I will post the link if I can find it.  EDIT:  Nvm, can't find it.

You're slowly becoming my Hero.  PS3 FTW!

PAIN also got discounted 2 times (i believe) half off for like a week or weekend or something so that surprises me none.. and warhawk has 3 expansions which it probablly includes. Hell yeah for QFB though

Maybe this will help the sales for Wipeout.

http://www.videogaming247.com/2008/12/19/wipeout-hd-demo-announced-for-christmas-eve/

wow Ratchet and Clank 10th, i thought it'd be higher since its R&C

Around the Network

Pain also has a TON of add ons too. Characters, modes, environments, wallpapers. Sony MADE this game into a heavy hitter.

I'm now considering Aquatopia.

Ratchet had very good sales if you add blu ray + DL. That's a good thing. Wipeout HD is missing, maybe too expensive? No gran turismo 5P, no burnout too.

I'm really surprised to not see Gran Turismo 5 Prologue on there. It must have done really poorly on downloads in favor of retail copies. That's a shame, because it's not going to show Sony that retail game downloads are a viable thing to invest time in.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:

I'm really surprised to not see Gran Turismo 5 Prologue on there. It must have done really poorly on downloads in favor of retail copies. That's a shame, because it's not going to show Sony that retail game downloads are a viable thing to invest time in.

So I guess you didn't see Warhawk sitting on the same list correct?

Darn, no pixel junk eden or burnout paradise =(

mM