By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I witnessed a very sad event today :(

fazz said:
"Good afternoon beautiful sexy ladies, I was by here looking at Wii games too, and I accidentally heard your conversation. You know, I'm a Wii expert and I HAVE A HUGE WII collection in my place. I can gladly invite you pretties to my house, so you could check the games for frees, also, we could have some drinks or what not..."

Pretties?! Okay, I'll pay that. It's pretty good.

I'd like to suggest the following improvements:

• Calling them females instead of ladies
  • Some filthy innuendo about how you'd like them to play with your Wii
  • More stress on the 'I have a huge Wii' part
  • More Senor Cardgage-like, e.g. "I accidentally overheard your confabulation" or something

Currently playing: Wii Fit / The Sims 3

Try  PrizeRebel , it could make you  rich ! I have  $15.80 USD  so far. I  love  BengaBenga' Most Wante lists.
$                     $  $  $                         

Around the Network

They made a bad game choice, oh well. We all have to learn from our mistakes.

the bizarre irony of this is that the parents didn't buy either of the games with Mario on the cover. What the hell is that? 1st party theories down the crapper

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

I've noticed something in situations like that. If you criticize a game that they are considering, you are much more likely to be ignored than if you praise the better choice. It’s basic psychology, we prefer positive over negative reinforcement.

Here are the two examples and what goes on subconsciously:

NEGATIVE

What You Said: Excuse me ma’am but that game is crap ………
What They Hear: You stupid ninny, you just made a really dumb choice…..
Their Reaction: Who the hell does he think he is to question my judgment…..

POSITIVE

What You Say: Excuse me ma’am but I’ve got Mario Kart and it’s fantastic, and it never gets old ………
What They Hear: You madam have excellent taste in selecting such a fantastic game…..
Their Reaction: See, I can figure out this video game stuff, even that nice young man agrees with me…..

I was lucky as a kid. My parents usually picked great games for me. They even bought some stuff I wasn't aware of or probably wouldn't have tried myself. Great example was Starfox for SNES. They thought I might like it and they were right. If I remember correctly, I wasn't interested in it for some reason but after playing it, it became one of my favorite games. Sadly, I doubt this kid will have the same reaction to Carnival Games.

I'll come up with something better eventually...

Around the Network

I'm going to say Carnival games is a lot better then people think.

I mean plenty of similar games have failed.

While this one keeps selling.

fazz said:
"Good afternoon beautiful sexy ladies, I was by here looking at Wii games too, and I accidentally heard your conversation. You know, I'm a Wii expert and I HAVE A HUGE WII collection in my place. I can gladly invite you pretties to my house, so you could check the games for frees, also, we could have some drinks or what not..."

He'd also need to make sure he was wearing his tight slacks which give him a great bugle.

What being a wild and crazy guy.

i saved a women the other day at Walmart : ). I was so proud.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Should have killed them

Great social skills CRAP

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.