By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Namco Should Release a TOS Double Pack!

Ok, so I beat ToS2 today, I absolutly loved it, awsome story, good charaters and all. Basically DO NOT listen to the reviews. They are all bullshit. If you played and like the first one this one is like a 9.5... also if you ever wanted a Active battle Pokemon... well here you go. Now if I were to rate it as a stand alone game I would have to give it a 8.5, because the main story is very completeable in 30 hours, and while graphics are never an issue in the game, they could have been better (graphic are basically the same as Tos1's). But the fact the story is only 30 hours plays to its advantage (if you have it you know what I mean) besided the first act, the story never drags, there is very little do this 2 hour quest to get this gem so you can open the door to this dungeon type stuff... Very direct. The game is very story oriented, less dungeon oriented. Voice acting is good imo too.

Lol I got carried away here... ok to the point

I beat ToS1 and loved it, but I caught myself at many points in the game thinking that if I had not played Tos1 I would be SOOOO lost right now. I think they could easily fit both games on 1 duel layered Wii disc. I have a feeling there is a decent group of people who want to play it, but have never played the first so they have not bothered yet.

Anyways.. I want to buy ToS 1 again now... my brother lost the 1st disc when I lent it to him over a year ago (so he could play tos2 when it released)

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

actually...that is a great idea and it will boost it´s sales too, and both games are awesome so they complete each other.

wii fc : 7188 5379 1382 7074
smash fc :2234 6924 8637

gamertag : Dano2688

yea I figure they are already making a profit on the game... they could sell the double pack for 39.99 and it would come across as a great value.

almost 100 hours of gameplay for 40 bucks... at least they should rerelease the TOS on cube for 19.99.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Huh. Good thinking there. I don't think Namco will do it, but it's still a great idea.

Yeah I bought Tales 2 even though on Gamerankings it had a 68% average :)

Anyway, I don't think Namco will do that mostly because they would have to make more Tales 1 and more Tales 2 for the bundles.

Around the Network

or even if they release it at full price, it´s still a great deal , two games, 100 hours of playtime approximately, and all that in just one console without the need of changing discs....i know i´ll get it for sure....oooor maybe they can do that with the launch of the new tales as a special edition or something.

Namco needs to make a Tales of Collection with some of the games they never brought over.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

RIGHT?! THE REVIEWS ARE ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE!

Ahem. But yeah, that's a great idea. Playing the first one is pretty much what made the game much more enjoyable. I'd say the graphics are little better than the first btw, but had a few framerate issues sometimes...

Yeah, I finally have a sig.

i feel the same way...it was definitely made with the ones who played the first one in mind, obviously anyone can enjoy it but all that nostalgia going to all those places again and see how each character has changed ( at least we know they haven´t changed their clothes in two years).

The one gripe I had was Lloyd's voice. Would someone PLEASE fire that guy?!

Yeah, I finally have a sig.