By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kotaku: Resident Evil 5 on PS3 looks lousy compared to 360

What's with all these developers bashing the PS3?

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Around the Network
Kantor said:
d21lewis said:
Thanks, Montana Hatchet! Glad you were able to dispell all doubt. You struck quickly and precisely like an axe from Missouri (or some other bladed object from a state that starts with the letter "M").

A sword from Michigan?

I was thinking more like a Mississippi Sickle....I don't know.  Still doesn't feel right.  If only there were some kind of clue as to as to what MontanaHatchet was like.  Oh well.  Guess we'll never know.

Xen said:
Kantor said:
d21lewis said:
Thanks, Montana Hatchet! Glad you were able to dispell all doubt. You struck quickly and precisely like an axe from Missouri (or some other bladed object from a state that starts with the letter "M").

A sword from Michigan?

A javelin from Maine!

Javelins aren't bladed!

I think he meant a Minnesota Dagger.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

bugrimmar said:
can people please read the entire article before posting? the misleading op's claim is pertaining to an older build. read to the bottom of the article, and you'll see what montanahatchet has already pointed out for us: they look the same.

I assume this was an effort in trolling; otherwise, the OP would have included the additional information.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

I've seen the games running next to each other, and I thought they were both 360 until I saw the DS3 controller, this was a month or so ago.

Liar.

Around the Network

@ Montana

Dude, I was just about to bash the OP about not reading the entire thing and starting a thread about it. well you covered for me i guess, in a more polite way hehe,..

MontanaHatchet said:
Lurker said:
MontanaHatchet said:

"The PS3 version looked almost identical to the 360 version in the secret levels. I was really worried there, having seen the disparity between the 360 and PS3 on the Japanese demo; but it looks like the demo is way older code."

Some people have no shame. It only took me about 10 seconds of skimming to own this entire thread.

ALMOST is the key word here.

I'm sorry, but that is really grabbing for straws there. For all we know, the PS3 version looked better in the secret levels.

Oh come on now, do you really think it looked better? If it had then they would certainly have mentioned that. For example, something like "The PS3 version looked lousy compared to the 360 in the older build, but in the secret levels it was amazingly(slightly) better!" or something to that effect. The word "almost" implies close to, or slightly short of/not quite/nearly, in this case they are referring to the PS3 version as being"almost" identical to the 360 version, but still slightly short of it. Though there is probably little to no difference, the PS3 version is still not above the 360 version, according to the article and that quote.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

360 version day for sure.

The original poster sort of got "owned", but is it really worth celebrating that the author claimed that the "PS3 version looked almost identical to the 360 version"? That's still not yet a win. It's still replacing bad news with slightly better, but on the whole still bad news.

On the bright side, there's still room to tweak the PS3 version, so we won't really be able to tell until the reviews come out. It is possible that the PS3 version could come out ahead in the end. Although it is unlikely by this article.

noslodecoy said:
The original poster sort of got "owned", but is it really worth celebrating that the author claimed that the "PS3 version looked almost identical to the 360 version"? That's still not yet a win. It's still replacing bad news with slightly better, but on the whole still bad news.

On the bright side, there's still room to tweak the PS3 version, so we won't really be able to tell until the reviews come out. It is possible that the PS3 version could come out ahead in the end. Although it is unlikely by this article.

The news should be that both consoles looks similar. 

Of course people are going to nitpick to find out how many pixels exactly it is, and how many frames exactly, and anti-aliasing and such, but by and large they look the same, which is important.  That's fine with me.