By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Moderators please I am begging you.

Batman...WTF? said:
amp316 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
The problem is that whenever I give even a simple warning, I'm dragged into a several PM long debate over how much of an asshole I am. I actually had to debate with someone over PM whether or not opinions are trolling.

Ban them all.  Ban me.  Hit that ban button.  Is there a ban button? 

I can't find one on my keyboard...

I found one on mine.. but they misspelt "ban".. it currently says "alt" for some reason.. maybe because most of the bans were related to alternate accounts

Around the Network

Reporting posts is more constructive than whining on internet forums.

18 posts and no avatar. That follows a description that Dodece was giving.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

I always liked the idea of banning those calling for bans.

I wish banning would work, but some of those trolling seem really angry about the way things are and would probably just create an alias account to continue ranting.
If other posters would just stop replying to the troll posts, the trolls would eventually give up and go away, but that doesn't appear to be happening.

Around the Network
psrock said:

The best view to travel.

The PS3 version of that has better AA/Textures.

J/K!!!!!

Anyway although do I agree with the OP, I also agree with DKII - report user FTW

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

If someone says that 95% of the games on the PS3 are shovelware and I report them, what action should I expect?

Tease.

This place would be pretty empty with out the trolls.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

This site is about sales and usually discussion is related in some way to how those sales are affecting or will affect the industry. I do not find it unreasonable to discuss what is going on. Other forums may have sections dedicated to each platform so that they can dwell on their own console and pretend that sales do not matter, and though VGChartz has sections dedicated to the different consoles, we should not be the uneducated and unrealistic of gaming's internet community.

I will agree that some posters might be out of line, but most of what I have seen is just simple sales based what ifs and possibilities. If you really wish to not endure such talk, then find a site that doesn't base itself on a factor that Sony is doing very poorly in during a time of the year when most game hardware companies clean house.  Like it or not, that is the "hard to miss" topic of the season.

It's a well known fact that I'm an alt

(in fact its in the link of my sig)