By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Okami is on sale for $24.99 at GameStop

noname2200 said:
xlost7 said:
@leo-j

The PS2 version is $20 new and $18 used.

The Wii version is $25 new. So I don't know which version to go after considering I never played this game yet on either platform.

I know the Wii controls are a new thing, so should I get the PS2 or Wii version.

From what I've played, it comes down to a few differences. Graphically, the Wii version is sharper, but the PS2 version has more of the filter and bloom effects that make Okami so...beautiful, for lack of a better term.

The Wii's pointer controls make drawing a breeze rather than a chore, but the waggle to attack controls take a bit of getting used to. Also , the nunchuk's motion sensor blows in detecting motion, so the sidestep is nearly useless.

Others can chime in with other differences. Personally, I prefer the Wii version, but not by a whole lot.

I agree every single thing stated here by noname.  The nunchuck sidestep move is worthless but, besides for that, the controls on the Wii version are excellent. 

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

I bought this at Circuit City during Black Friday for $19.99, havent played it yet, unopened. Decided to buy it because I got replacement covers for free.

I also have the PS2 version, played it for 10 mins. Held off on playing it for some reason. Currently it's behind a lot of other games I want to play ATM.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
amp316 said:
noname2200 said:
xlost7 said:
@leo-j

The Wii version is $25 new. So I don't know which version to go after considering I never played this game yet on either platform.

I know the Wii controls are a new thing, so should I get the PS2 or Wii version.

From what I've played, it comes down to a few differences. Graphically, the Wii version is sharper, but the PS2 version has more of the filter and bloom effects that make Okami so...beautiful, for lack of a better term.

The Wii's pointer controls make drawing a breeze rather than a chore, but the waggle to attack controls take a bit of getting used to. Also , the nunchuk's motion sensor blows in detecting motion, so the sidestep is nearly useless.

Others can chime in with other differences. Personally, I prefer the Wii version, but not by a whole lot.

I agree every single thing stated here by noname.  The nunchuck sidestep move is worthless but, besides for that, the controls on the Wii version are excellent. 

You could sidestep?  0_o

makingmusic476 said:
amp316 said:

You could sidestep?  0_o

You purchase some skill or other. "Fleet foot," I think it's called. It's a few hours in.

So the only advantage the Wii has over the PS2 version is controls and sharper graphics?

Is the controls any different the standard analog controls of the PS2?

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
amp316 said:
noname2200 said:
xlost7 said:
@leo-j

You could sidestep?  0_o

No you couldn't.  That's the problem.  It was an upgrade that you could buy at the temple.  If you moved the Nunchuck to the left or right, forward or backward, you were supoosed to do a leap in that direction.  It registered correctly about one in two times. 

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
makingmusic476 said:
amp316 said:
noname2200 said:
xlost7 said:
@leo-j

You could sidestep?  0_o

No you couldn't.  That's the problem.  It was an upgrade that you could buy at the temple.  If you moved the Nunchuck to the left or right, forward or backward, you were supoosed to do a leap in that direction.  It registered correctly about one in two times. 

I think I did buy that, but used it rarely for the aforementioned reasons.

xlost7 said:
So the only advantage the Wii has over the PS2 version is controls and sharper graphics?

Is the controls any different the standard analog controls of the PS2?

In the game you have to draw things with a paint brush.  You have to do this A LOT.  It's very cumbersome with analog sticks, but with the wiimote it's a breeze.