By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Double bubble nearly for 360

the more important question is how long can the 360 keep this up?

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

Around the Network
leo-j said:
@Twesterm

I honestly dont know..but before the price cut the 360 wasnt outselling the ps3.

... anyway so if the ps3 gets a pricecut xbox 360 fans can also say bullshit?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I think it will continue to trumple the ps3 sales wise, until the ps3 sees a price reduction of atleast $50

mM
leo-j said:
im not annoyed lol, your just comparing 360 sales with ps3 sales, so im doing the same thing.

@Slippery

MGS4 came out in june, and the bundled lasted until july.

But MGS4 the game itself boosted PS3 sales.

colonelstubbs said:
Its been like this for weeks now...i cant believe how this year has turned around

neither do I :)

Around the Network

for a month it did

mM

The Xbox 360 is failing, face it. Its nearest rival the Wii is completely outpacing it whilst the PS3s gap to the Xbox 360 is much, much, much smaller than the gap from the Wii to 360.

Tease.

SlipperyMooseCakes said:
leo-j said:
@Twesterm

I honestly dont know..but before the price cut the 360 wasnt outselling the ps3.

It was before the PS3 price cut + MGS4.

My point to. Both Sony and Microsoft will do pricecuts in the future so that is no defence for poor sales compared to the main competetor.

If price was everything then 360 would sell even more.

There is a risk that we will se a scenario where PS3 is at 299 dollars and Wii still at 249 dollars but with Wii still smashing great sales. And that happens if MS slashes another 50 bucks? is 2009 skrewd for Sony then to? No price is not the only factor.

Predictions for 2009:

360: 39-42 PS3: 31-34 Wii: 67-70

Future projection

Wii will hit 100 million before christmas 2010 (made december 2008)

NDS Family will have sold and shipped more then PS2 at the end of 2009 (made january 2009)

Funny how people forget that the PS3 only started outselling the 360 by a small margin due to a $100 pricecut and a major exclusive game.
Really they've both only had one major price cut so far so I fail to see how it's such a big deal

Plus the Wii proves that price isn't everything

Never argue with idiots
They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

Squilliam said:
The Xbox 360 is failing, face it. Its nearest rival the Wii is completely outpacing it whilst the PS3s gap to the Xbox 360 is much, much, much smaller than the gap from the Wii to 360.

I hope you're trolling. I really do. Because there is so many things wrong with that statement.