By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Double bubble nearly for 360

MightyGrogg said:
Zlejedi said:
XanderZane said:
reask said:

Well acording to vg 360 sales this week are nearly 2 to 1 in favour of 360.

Oh Oh

It's been 2:1 for the last 4 weeks basically. Nothing has changed.

Actually it's lower than previous weeks

Huh!?!?

Last week XBox 360 had 642K worldwide sales and PS3 347K for a difference of 295K in XBox 360 favor.

This week XBox 360 has 739K worldwide sales and PS3 has 415K for a difference of 324K in XBox 360 favor.

How is that getting lower? The diference between sales is growing and it's still almost 2:1 worldwide.

He might be referring to black friday week. Which is expected. But they usually climb above black friday sales the week before christmas.

Around the Network

Is there any way to report a thread because this thread needs to be locked.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

MightyGrogg said:
Zlejedi said:
XanderZane said:
reask said:

Oh Oh

Huh!?!?

Last week XBox 360 had 642K worldwide sales and PS3 347K for a difference of 295K in XBox 360 favor.

This week XBox 360 has 739K worldwide sales and PS3 has 415K for a difference of 324K in XBox 360 favor.

How is that getting lower? The diference between sales is growing and it's still almost 2:1 worldwide.

295k is actually 46% while 324k is 43% so in percentages its doing worse... so yes... it has done better previous weeks

Max King of the Wild said:
MightyGrogg said:
Zlejedi said:
XanderZane said:
reask said:

Oh Oh

Huh!?!?

295k is actually 46% while 324k is 43% so in percentages its doing worse... so yes... it has done better previous weeks

There is so much fail in this statement. How is the PS3 selling even worse this week in comparison to the 360 better?

DMeisterJ said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
DMeisterJ said:

360 and PS3 are being outsold by Wii at a steady clip, and being happy in this moment means you also need to realize that you're being outsold 2:1 also, so what does that make you (not you, but 'you')

Wut? what do you mean.

I mean, don't celebrate outselling PS3 2:1 when you're being outsold by the Wii 2:1.

And I didn't mean anyone in general, but I had to say "you".

Ah ok :)

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network
sega4life said:
blazinhead89 said:
numonex said:
The price argument thing is not an excuse anymore. Wii is half the price of PS3 but it sells 3 to 4 times as much as the PS3 on a week to week basis. X360 is cheaper than Wii but X360 gets outsold by Wii by 2 to 3 times on a week to week basis.

Tell me. Why the hell 360 sales Increase due to price cut? Price DOES Matter. Anyway 360 fanboys always say that people would rather save 200$ So even they use the Price Arguement. It works both ways you know, 360 fanboys cant have it so it suits them.

So the increase in sales when AAA titles were released has nothing to do with it? NXE has nothing to do with it, XBL has nothing to do with it, Holidays have nothing to do with it?

I mean it's just the Price, that's it, nothing more, nothing, not a single thing.. but the price... the 360 has no games, it has nothing going for it at all, people are just morons and buy a system to just look at... wth are people thinking...

I mean the only 360 on the market is the Arcade 360.

The Pro and Elite were all canceled and MS no longer makes them.

When all is said and done.... the 360 is still out selling the PS3, crying about the price of the 360 is not going to help PS3 sales..

QFT....THANK YOU SIR!

PREDICTIONS:
360 will outsell PS3 YTD for 2008. (CHECK!)
360 will have the best showing at E3 & TGS in 2009
2009 will be another year for the 360 over PS3
End OF 2009 SALES :: 360 - 40M;  PS3 - 30M; Wii - 70M

I have never understood the half the price argument.

All of the extra sales provide one thing, more software sales. So it doesn't matter where the sales come from, double hardware sales means double software sales so that is whats most important. A half price hardware unit still sales full price software.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

Zombl337 said:
sega4life said:
blazinhead89 said:
numonex said:
The price argument thing is not an excuse anymore. Wii is half the price of PS3 but it sells 3 to 4 times as much as the PS3 on a week to week basis. X360 is cheaper than Wii but X360 gets outsold by Wii by 2 to 3 times on a week to week basis.

Tell me. Why the hell 360 sales Increase due to price cut? Price DOES Matter. Anyway 360 fanboys always say that people would rather save 200$ So even they use the Price Arguement. It works both ways you know, 360 fanboys cant have it so it suits them.

So the increase in sales when AAA titles were released has nothing to do with it? NXE has nothing to do with it, XBL has nothing to do with it, Holidays have nothing to do with it?

I mean it's just the Price, that's it, nothing more, nothing, not a single thing.. but the price... the 360 has no games, it has nothing going for it at all, people are just morons and buy a system to just look at... wth are people thinking...

I mean the only 360 on the market is the Arcade 360.

The Pro and Elite were all canceled and MS no longer makes them.

When all is said and done.... the 360 is still out selling the PS3, crying about the price of the 360 is not going to help PS3 sales..

QFT....THANK YOU SIR!

I second this. QFT

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

I never understood why some sony fanboys feel compelled to compare the price of the ps3 with that of the arcade 360 . The arcade model had been on the market for almost 3 years without a price cut. What did some people expected , that MS would never drop the price of the arcade ? The ps3 should be able to sell better than the 360 even at a higher price . It's newer, has a lower installed base which translates to lower possibility of market saturation, has more features and is the PLAYSTATION 3. It's not like it's that expensive , you can get one + 2 popular new games + extra controller for just a bit over 400 euros .Some of you are making it sound like it costs 1000 euros/$ or something . Plus it's a blu ray player .

Max King of the Wild said:
MightyGrogg said:
Zlejedi said:
XanderZane said:
reask said:

Oh Oh

Huh!?!?

I'm talking about the GAP in sales between the systems. Not talking about %. You have it backwards. The XBox 360 went from 43% to 46%, so it GAINED of 3% more over the PS3 from the previous week. Where did you learn your math?  50% would equal a perfect 2:1 ratio as the XBox 360 would be selling 50% more then the PS3. (i.e. PS3 = 200 and xbox 360 = 400. 1/2 of 400 is 200, which is 50%. )Got it? Good. So no, PS3 is not doing better then previous week. Yes, it sold more system, but the gap between the XBox 360 and PS3 grew by 3%. That was my point.

'gaming till I'm gone'