By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Petition !!!

ckmlb said:
If they made a good Resident Evil game that's not a port or a remake I'm sure it would sell on the PSP.

Also, while the immersion into the game would obviously be better on a console, it could definitely work on the PSP. I exepct Silent Hill: Origins to be very creepy.

Also, there is that video connect option now if you really wanted to play it on a bigger screen badly...

agreed, RE would work better on a home console, most immersive games do.
about video connect, does it work on games cause i thought it was just movies?.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network
dgm6780 said:
Sporticus - all the reasons you gave for why it wouldnt work on the PSP are way off base. (sound & graphics not being good enough to get the player immersed in the game) try putting the headphones on silly !

you logic would work for the DS though, that kids toy is good for brain training but not for a cinematic immersive experience like RE.

and the reason Monster Hunter figures into this discussion because it shows that if Capcom makes a good enough game IT WILL SELL !

I'm glad all my points are way off yet you only adressed two, I guess the rest of my erroneous delussions will have to remain a mystery to me. Also, when did I say anything about sound or graphics?

Yes, the DS, a kids toy, that's... that's just great. At least you saved me the trouble of having to take any you say seriously by throwing that out there.

The problem is all of the games Capcom has put on the PSP have been exceptionally good in their own right, but only Monster Hunter has been a success. It is a phenomenal seller on not only the PSP but the PS2 as well. It's not just a well done game, it is its own phenomenon. That said, Monster Hunter sells well on the PSP not because its a great PSP game, but because its Monster Hunter. Resident Evil is not that phenomenon, while popular, it is no where near as huge and would struggle to carry over what mediocre sales it has on consoles over onto a struggling handheld. And that's assuming you get a game that isn't a port. 

Again, not to be a dick (though you'll think me one regardless), but good luck getting a fan made petition from the West to convince Capcom to make a Game for the PSP because of how well a completely different series did in the East.

“The Hardcore of the Peach is its pits. Try to get the whole fruit!”

- John Lucas

“Every industry is filled with the grave stones of companies who kept doing the same thing.”

- Reggie Fils-Aime

“You don’t play Graphics, you look at them.”

- Unknown

“Casual Gaming = Anything that’s not an FPS”

- Sony Fandom

Common Sporticus ... Vietfull Joe and Power stone Collection are far from beeing Capcoms biggest titles . The only excelent ( critical ) titles that Capcom has on the PSP are the two Megamen games and as I remember both did pretty well , especially because they where pretty low-budget . There are other PSP Capcom games to , like Darkstalker and Street Fighter , and Ultimate Ghost and Goblins , that are worthy mentioning , and all did pretty good ( VGC : Darkstalker : 130k US only ... launch title , Street Fighter A3M : 100 k US only , which was a simple few month port ) . Also , the Megaman games had such a great success in Japan ( Rockman ) that they made 2 other games for the PSP :) So yeah , none of there games where Liberty City succeses , but still , seeing that they where generation old ports they did pretty damn well .

Oh and RE games where never mediocre sellers , even on the Gamecube 0, REmake and 4 all had passed the one million sales , 4 passing way over 1.5 .

Also , the X360 games Dead Rising and Lost Planet , afther reaching 1 million copys sales where stated to be massive Capcom succeses . Now , Im no developer , but I bealive that developing a PSP game costs way less than an X360 game , and if we are talking about original titles , I think the PSP has the chances to sell of 1 million copys ( especially in the RE and DMC serie ) .

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

hunter_alien said:
I think the PSP has the chances to sell of 1 million copys ( especially in the RE and DMC serie ) .

Sure. I have pretty high hopes regards new Star Wars Battlefront: Renegades... Final Fantasy Crisis Core is sure million seller. Future of PSP is bright. Regards RE - to bo honest I don't believe this petition will change anything. Fact people want game doesn't mean they will buy it (especially on PSP - piracy). If Silent Hill Origin will be successful then definitely we can count on RE for PSP.

Unfortunatly I have to agree with you ... piracy really would harm the sales of a PSP RE . But still seeing that this year there are at least 3 games that are certain million hitters on the PSP , maybe hardware will boost a bit to , and if games like SH : O and the long promised DMC : DOS comes out , and they are both good sellers ( 500k + ) , than Il put my head , on the fact that a RE game will areive to the PSP . I know that this petititon wont count , but maybe a positive toned respons will be given , and who knows , maybe even a promise :) Still , even though chances are slim , I will still send them a mail tomorrow , to see what respons , if any , will it generate :)

Around the Network

Well Hunter, keep on dreaming and best of luck. I'd continue this exchange but given the nature of the thread my argument is only becomming increasingly malicious and antagonistic. I suppose we'll let time decide whether your ambitions are fruitless or not.

“The Hardcore of the Peach is its pits. Try to get the whole fruit!”

- John Lucas

“Every industry is filled with the grave stones of companies who kept doing the same thing.”

- Reggie Fils-Aime

“You don’t play Graphics, you look at them.”

- Unknown

“Casual Gaming = Anything that’s not an FPS”

- Sony Fandom

Well then see you in another thread I guess :P Other people who are willing to write anything related to the topic , feel free to do so :)