By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - WHy is VGC sending me to other sites.

KatinJin said:
Bboid said:

Beware of the popup add when you visit front page that covers the screen for 10 seconds.  Clicking the X to close the window has prompted my antivirus 3x that I was infected with the gadcom trojan.  I can not say 100% that it was from that but the last occaision this was the only site I visited that day.  Just a precuation, let the add timer end instead of trying to close.

Now that is just nasty come on VGC. I've been getting some weird malware stuff pop up as well.

I want to be clear I can not say 100% it was from here, it seems likely given the most recent incident.  I have read of similar issues from here too, but no one is 100% certain.

Around the Network

I guess these sales analysts are fine with everything that makes money... Making money is always the highest priority and nothing may disturb that fact. Well, maybe rendering something completely unusable but even then it must have cost something to use in the first place.

I had an ad on this site a few days ago that was using the PDF exploit. I rarely use Windows; I was using Windows for a class and I was browsing this website and was doing something else while this site was loading. I came back to it and it had redirected me to the PDF exploit.

This exploit uses the Adobe plugin, so it will work even on Firefox. Took me 3 hours to get all of the trojan horses off of my computer.

Theres always these claims of spyware, and trojans being sent to people from this site...i never get any of this!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Well if that kind of thing keeps up I will just have to stop visiting until fixed. Those kind of things involving viruses and trojans alike is just not acceptable.

Around the Network
KohlyKohl said:

I had an ad on this site a few days ago that was using the PDF exploit. I rarely use Windows; I was using Windows for a class and I was browsing this website and was doing something else while this site was loading. I came back to it and it had redirected me to the PDF exploit.

This exploit uses the Adobe plugin, so it will work even on Firefox. Took me 3 hours to get all of the trojan horses off of my computer.

That is exactly what happened to me. When I tried to close/minimize the add it opened an adobe window and froze my browser followed by an AVG trojan prompt.

colonelstubbs said:
Theres always these claims of spyware, and trojans being sent to people from this site...i never get any of this!

The ads are region based so some countries will not receive the ads others do, this would explain why you have had no errors.

it happens to me a lot and i thought ie was messing up. a lot of times the adobe program just popped up saying its not working. fortunately i only had one incident of trojan attempt that was blocked by antivirus. but a window still pops up on my computer saying a win32.zafi.b is intruding and i need to download some defender 2009, which is a virus lol. just becareful is my advice.

Rather than just complaining about some random ad, try reporting the problem with information like, which country/region are you from and include a screen capture of the ad.

pm the information to ioi and he can take care of it. ONLY ioi can adjust the ads and fix this problem, but no one ever reports the problem to him, and he doesn't read all the forum posts all the time.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Also, if you do get infected by a virus from this site and need help removing it, just pm me and I'll see what I can do to help, as I'm fairly good at removing viruses/Trojans/worms/whatever.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)