By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - xbox 360 or ps3? what should i buy???

lets see.  i guess i'm what you would call a nintendo fan boy.  i never really considered myself that but i realize that's what i am because i've always despised microsoft/sony!!!  but i'm getting a bit tired of mario mario mario!  the only wii game i own is zelda tp and its fuckin bad ass, hands down the best game i've ever played mostly due to the gameplay.  but i want some new games.  good thing  metroid 3 is coming out in less than a month.  but after i get my fill of that its mario for another year until something else comes out.  so i think i'm ready to get and xbox or playstation.  so i'm wondering which is better.  what i think is that ps3 is basically a nintendo rip off so maybe i'll be good going with them. all they've ever done is rip off nintendo's ideas.  like they did with their quick add of their motion sensing controller.  they just didn't make the commitment like the big N.  but i'm sure they knew what nintendo was doing before the release and wanted to pull a playstation and rip off the idea once again but this time they got smart and did it from the beginning so they can claim it as an original idea.  but we all know its not.  and the xbox?? i really dont know too much about it i've played it like once at my friends house.  but it sucks worse than playstation. in my opinion.  the only dumbasses that buy it is us americans.  the lords of gaming (japan) think its a piece of crap so i think it probably is.  any ways what should i buy PS3 or 360????????????

Around the Network

Begin flame wars in 3...2....1....

To Each Man, Responsibility

PS3
Quality hardware
Free online, any xbox price advantage goes out the window if you like to play games online.
Better Exclusives, GT5 FF13 MGS4 GOW3
Much better and bigger 1st party.
Bluray movies.
More powerfull more capable hardware.

Well if you think us Americans are dumbasses and the Japanese are lords of games, then you have already made up your mind.  But you have already admitted that you don't know much about the Xbox 360 and you also stated that you believe the PS3 is a rip-off of the Wii.  You need to do some research (don't rely on fanboy responses - both systems are good and are pretty evenly matched on the graphics).  

There may be some features that sway you in a particular direction, but it really comes down to the games, so you need to find out what you want to play - now and in the future.  Most third party games are available for both XB360 and PS3, so it will most likely come down to the exclusives.  Microsoft has a really strong lineup this Christmas, but you may be more impressed with Sony's 2008 offerings.  IGN and Gamespot are two web sites I like to check out.  Also, check out Electronic Gaming Magazine.

i didn't say ps3 is a wii clone. i'm saying sony's ideas always amounts to things nintendo came up with first.  i'm sure things like the rumble feature was well on its way to becoming a norm. but who did...nintendo yeah thats what i thought.  and sony had no idea what they were doing with they're controller this generation.  they said that it was impossible with the technology to have rumble in a wireless motion sensing controller.  and what does the wii have.... both, and a built in speaker.  you know as well as i do. sony ripped that from nintendo. and nex gen is gonna be all about the motion sensing controller.  and who brought it out into the gaming world??? just like i thought once again nintendo.

Around the Network

I would have to say 360.I just bought an Elite and will never buy a PS3.Just look at Madden,it runs at 60 frames per second on the 360 but only 30 on the PS3.In my opinion the 360 has better exclusive games Halo 3,Mass Effect,Bioshock,Gears of War just to name a few and will have exclusive downloadable content for GTA 4.But it really is up to you,you need to research the games you like and see what platform they are going to.

If I were you, I'd take X360. But today it's possible that MGS4 will remain PS3 exclusive, so it's hard to decide. Maybe everything will become less complicated after TGS...

True fighters don't wear socks.

marcgarcia,

First be sure PS3 and Xbx360 are more similar eachother than a Wii.
so PS3 is not a Wii and most of the games coming are not "sony version" of nintendo games. But u get the point about the controller.

Secondly, u should focus on games u want to play and see on which console they appear.

Third u should wait (if possible) to
- get an Xbox360 because of the failure problem. I think this winter after Halo3 release+potential price drop, it should be ok.
- get a PS3 because price is still high and a price drop may happen this winter.

Personnaly, focusing on games coming this winter and early 2008 and because I dont like Microsft (no soul/identity for me), I would purchase a PS3. I want to play Metal Gear Solid 4/Gran Turismo5/LittleBigPlanet. ==> PS3
If u want to use BlueRay too ==> PS3
But If u want to play Halo3/Mass Effect/Bioshock ==> get a Xbox360.
Same if u want the cheaper system ==> Xbox360

Time to Work !

If you like shooters, racers or rpg's go with the xbox 360, if you like singstar or you think you will like rpg's shooters and racers in the year 2010, go with ps3.

Lol. Seriously now. The ps3 has more nuts and bolts raw power, whether this can actually be tapped for games remains to be seen. At this point in time, their doesnt exist a ps3 game that the 360's processor couldnt handle. That said, if the power of the Cell can be harnessed for games (some developers think it cant be, Sony says it can), then graphically sony first party games and exclusives will start to look better in a couple of years. Some technicians have argued that the 360 is better suited to creating things like AI and physics than the Ps3 though.

Right now and for the next 6 months the 360 has easily the better games lineup. If it gets MGS4, it will also have the better games lineup for the first half of 2008 as well. However at the end of 2008 there is the possible release of FFXIII and GT5 so microsoft will have to pull something massive out of their ass to compete in christmas 08.

The 360 has the best online but it costs money and sony could rally. Bear in mind that some sony executives have stated that as their service catches up to microsofts it may cost money.

If you want to use your console as a high-def movie player wait and see for a while. Many fanboys are touting blu-rays victory but the reality is Toshiba is already shifting many HDDVD enabled laptops, and more standalone players. I believe Blu-ray will win eventually, but toshiba will probably have a viable format as well.

If you decide to get a 360 wait a month and get the new falcon model, which runs quieter, cooler and should avoid most hardware issues

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

if you're going to put a list of games for certain system, at least, they should already be released.
you're basically telling someone to buy a console and sit on it, and wait until those yet-to-be-released? (Or at most, list games that are coming out in a month... not year+)