By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - xbox 360 or ps3? what should i buy???

what kind of games do u like?

fps is still slightly better on 360, although u can easily fps overdose on either.
action is hands down ps3.
adventure is also ps3.
platformers again ps3.
sports have higher quality on 360 but should even out over time, but also remember that sony has their own sports games (mlb the show owns mlb 2k, not sure about the rest)
wrpg is 360 hands down
jrpg is pathetic on both as of now and is the most interesting. mistwalker is 360 for now, likely to go multi in the future but no one knows how long ms will keep buying their exclusivity. sony has some second party rpg companies starting to shift over. some bigger companies are making a few 360 or multi rpg's, but those are very rare. it sounds like some companies are going to start developing or have for the ps3 since the 360 is bombing there, but its unconfirmed yet. square enix is also not a 360 backer, so nothing it has is likely to be 360 exclusive.
casual is sony for now. sony develops many casual games which help them, but the high price hurts this market. sony is taking a very hands on approach with casual download games which should give them the advantage. xbox live gets 360 casual games, but its not even close to the level of sony. most third party casual is xbla or multi.
fighting is a toss up leaning to sony. 360 might have doa 4 and vf5 online (which will likely be terrible) but i believe having tekken 6 is bigger for sony.
racing another toss up leaning to sony. gt5, formula 1, and motorstorm beat out pgr4 and forza 2.

i personally believe that sony will have a better future, but it depends on preference. either console will be great, so dont regret your choice either way.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

Around the Network

For the record, GT5 will be insane, and may become my reason to buy a ps3, but motorstorm and especially formula 1 were TERRIBLY BORING

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

marcgarcia said:
i didn't say ps3 is a wii clone. i'm saying sony's ideas always amounts to things nintendo came up with first. i'm sure things like the rumble feature was well on its way to becoming a norm. but who did...nintendo yeah thats what i thought. and sony had no idea what they were doing with they're controller this generation. they said that it was impossible with the technology to have rumble in a wireless motion sensing controller. and what does the wii have.... both, and a built in speaker. you know as well as i do. sony ripped that from nintendo. and nex gen is gonna be all about the motion sensing controller. and who brought it out into the gaming world??? just like i thought once again nintendo.

LMAO

CD based system
Cell processor
Blu ray
Gran Turismo
God of war
Twisted Metal
LittleBigPalnet
MATURE GAMES ona console.

i sure as hell did not see anything like that from nintendo.

Motion controls are a nice gimmick, but not a single game has yet to show them to be superior to the good old analog controller.

MS tried motion controls on the PC in the early 90s, Atari had a wiifit mat type thing 20 years ago, a company has touch screem on a handheld in 1995! All i see is Nintendo copying others. 

Sony was in a court battle with Immerson, thats why their controller lacked rumble.

if your gonna post atleast have a freaking clue WTF you are talking about.

+1 for Hus

Time to Work !

ok hus settle down.  move out of your parents house already fag.  you know sony equals "lets steal other people ideas and claim them as our own".  the only thing original sony has ever done was decide to make their own gaming console i'm sure if nintendo had aloud it sony execs would be sucking the cocks of mario and luigi right now.  well if all those things already exsisted.. touch screen in motion sensing controllers.  why didn't sony take advantage of it like nintendo and make it mainstream??? sony sucks balls, but you'll always have your graphics i guess. and i suppose you are alot better than microsoft.  but when xbox overcomes its flaws you'll just be a an expensive ass system that plays games with pretty graphics, and awaits the ideas of others so you can rip them off and still have a reason to exsist because you run off of others ideas.

Around the Network

LOL,

"nice" 3rd post marcgarcia,

Why are u defending Nintendo when ur first post obviously show that U think that "there is nothing news in the Nintendo world", "only 2 games to play"

U dont like Sony, then go buy Xbox360 or stay with ur Wii only.

Time to Work !

i'll probably never buy anything that nintendo didn't make.  once for christmas my mom bought me the ps 1 and i told her to take it back or i'm gonna break it.  the reason for the original post was for....uh i guess i'm tired of that fat slob mario appearing in every release.  but overall i guess i'll always be a nintendo fan boy.

ban in 10, 9, 8, 7 ...

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, ........

Itsaps3 instead of a 360 wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :P

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil