By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I vote for more creativity in games!

I'm sick of rehashes and remakes. Why can't developers push the limits of imagination and make things that are truly badass?

Why can't they make a game where you're a fornicating priest who's had one too many nuns that's been caught by the inquisition and you have to run away using your purple surfboard, beating off the inquisitors with hellfire candlesticks?

Why can't they make a game about cyborg mutant rats that have laser blades for arms and radioactive pellets spit out from their noses?

Why can't they make a game about a race of super liquid metal machines fighting against overripe nuclear powered marshmallow men?

Why can't they make a game about cricket? for god's sake.

I should totally be a game developer.

Around the Network

They have several games about cricket. Unfortunately, they're all awful.

As for the others, they wouldn't sell. Also, they would suck. Big time.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

i think the priest game at least would be awesome..

well at least sacred 2 has some awesomeness in it

Yes, i agree more originality is required. I vote for a game about tigers taking over the world

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network

what about tigers with saw blades for claws seeking domination against their ancient enemies, the giant furballs from hell? DAMN that's a million seller right there.

cmon, no one wants more creativity in games?

heh this reminds me of that one baseball game for snes? i think that was it....it had robots and i think there was some sort of fighting in the game...anyone remember what game im trying to think of? I can't remember for the life of me right now

“When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life." - author unknown

i remember that! i forgot the title too though. it was like cyborgs playing baseball with super fast fast fastballs.

they had some really creative games back in the day. altered beast still gets my gully, and the original golden axe.. damn! you get to summon huge fire dragons that breathe fire into the whole screen lol.

those were the good ol' days. why can't they make such things anymore?

bugrimmar said:
cmon, no one wants more creativity in games?

Sure I do. As long you don't make up the ideas . Creativity has a limit, and mutating laserarmed cyborg rats is really pushing it.

I drink your milkshake.