By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The lack of Empire: Total War fanboyism in this site is appaling.

I'm surprised you do, it would just take so long if I did

Around the Network

Not a big RTS guy. TBS is where it's at.

Munkeh111 said:
The Empire total war site has the specs there, they are not too bad

I am incredibly excited about it, but the delay has hit my excitement. I for one want to see the trading aspects increased, and now I can play as Great Britain!!!!!

Just out of interest, how many people here just get the computer to play the battles in the main campaign instead of fighting them themselves, I just can't be bothered

I do computers battle where it's pointless to play normaly (like bunch of my elite army vs peasants). And I can't wait for this game.

But you can't be suprised it lacks hype here this site is mostly US and US= consoles+fpses

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

bugrimmar said:
2.4Ghz single core processor
256MB Gfx card (DX9 compaitble)
1GB RAM (For XP, 2GB if using Vista)

there you go. minimum specs.

looks reasonable.

Very reasonable. Well, hmmm... you've put me on the hype train. Day one!

I can't quit you, Creative Assembly.

badgenome said:
bugrimmar said:

looks reasonable.

why can't i quit you??

Around the Network
bugrimmar said:
badgenome said:
bugrimmar said:

looks reasonable.

why can't i quit you??

Because of that sexy tuft of hair on the small of my back.

At the beginning of the campaign I play almost all the battles myself, and then gradually I let the computer play the smallest and less significant battles. After many hours of gameplay, when I usually got like 25-30 cities, I only play 15-20% of the battles (the biggest ones, and those which I'm not sure the computer would win).

Sometimes even if you know what you are going to lose, you got to go fight. That's part of being a man.  Eikichi Onizuka

M'n kop ontploft

I'm keeping an eye on it, but after Medieval II I'm definitely going to wait a few months (and a few patches) before deciding to jump in. The game-breaking bugs, incredibly retarded (and cheap) AI, units that didn't fight, highly unbalanced nations, half-assed features...I was so looking forward to it, and left incredibly disappointed.

Kasz216 said:
Not a big RTS guy. TBS is where it's at.

TBS is awesome, but so is RTS.  Besides the point that you can pause Medieval II: Total War (at least in single player) so I suspect you can do the same in Empire: Total War.  Gives you time to plan your strategy.

I'm afraid my computer just won't be able to play it.  It just looks so pretty.