By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's the Worst Story in a Game IYO?

leo-j said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
I somewhat agree with KylieDog too, so it's a tie between God of War and MGS4 for me.

God of war has an amazing story..

Also, Kratos gave his soul to the god of war in order for his army to defeat his enemy, and in return he had to do things for the god of war, which ended with his wife and daughter being killed.

Whats so bad about that?

Also about MGS, nothing not even books touch its storyline(and I read alot of books).

Not good books it seems! Seriously, I really like the story in the MGS series but to compare it with what you can find in books is ridiculous.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

And for the record, a lot of books aren't that damn great either. Most stories, as a rule of thumb, are pretty tired and fairly crappy. This is true of any medium. Books just seem better because they're hundreds and hundreds of years old. The back catalog you have access to once you learn to read is enormous.

Megaman: Battle Network, the twist ending was mind blowingly stupid.

bouzane said:
Megaman: Battle Network, the twist ending was mind blowingly stupid.

What was the twist ending?

Khuutra said:
And for the record, a lot of books aren't that damn great either. Most stories, as a rule of thumb, are pretty tired and fairly crappy. This is true of any medium. Books just seem better because they're hundreds and hundreds of years old. The back catalog you have access to once you learn to read is enormous.

I know what you mean.  I can name quite a few books that have shallow stories and characters such as the Gossip Girls series and The Clique series(I never read them and never will) and I'm sure there is a LOT more.  For every book that is exceptional, there are 10 more(maybe even 50 more) that are downright terrible.  There are still plenty of good books to choose from.  It's the same thing for games, movies and any other medium.

Around the Network

halo series did not impress me. Sonic is still much worse, as well as the Haze storyline.

Metal Gear Solid doesnt really have a story that stands up to scrutiny...

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Soriku said:
Khuutra said:
stof said:
Pretty much most Sonic's suck for story. Secret Rings combined awful story with awful story telling too.

I imagine the worst of the worst would either be an overly elaborate non-sensical RPG or an absurdly bizarre non-sensical old sidescroller

Tales of Symphonia's was pretty horrendous.

Shut your dirty mouth.

No, it was pretty horrendous.

Come on, what's a game wherein you thought the story was horrendous? I'm sure there's a couple.

Khuutra said:
Soriku said:
Khuutra said:
stof said:
Pretty much most Sonic's suck for story. Secret Rings combined awful story with awful story telling too.

I imagine the worst of the worst would either be an overly elaborate non-sensical RPG or an absurdly bizarre non-sensical old sidescroller

Tales of Symphonia's was pretty horrendous.

Shut your dirty mouth.

No, it was pretty horrendous.

Come on, what's a game wherein you thought the story was horrendous? I'm sure there's a couple.

To Soriku, any game that is not a JRPG has a bad story.  To me, the modern Ninja Gaiden games have the worst stories.  NG games are very fun but their stories are chessy and non-sensical.

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
God of War. The first one.

"ROOOOAAARRR I'M GONNA MAKE A DEAL WITH THE GOD OF WAR"
"Uh, okay, sure, but you're gonna become my bloodthirsty killing puppet, is that alright?"
"YEAAHHHH FOR THE GLOOORRYYYY"
"Fine, have it your way"
"WHAT HOW DARE YOU MAKE ME UPHOLD MY END OF THE DEAL! AREEEEEEEEEES"

except you left out the part that Aeres tricks kratos into killing his family...