By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Next Zelda pretty much confirmed for 2010

well for me that is good news because know i now that i dont need to waist almost 150 pounds just to play 1 game for at least another year and a half

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

I would not be surprised if it was 2010 or even 2011. Zelda games are only once a gen thing or 2 if we are lucky. With them focusing most of their resources on expanding the market (casual games) it may be a longer wait than we think, unfortunately.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

Holidays 2010 or early 2011, that's the earliest.

I hope it's cell shaded, and goes back to the whole island theme of wind waker. The only they do need to fix the sailing though.

~Currently Playing Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank: FTOD, and Resistance: Retribution~

I agree with people who say early 2010. I don't think late 2009 is impossible though.

Around the Network
scottie said:
You assume that there are only 2 days in the year on which Zelda Wii could be announced - E3 or that October conference. Why not announce in August for a November release? 3 months between announcement and release, as with Mario Kart.

Also, he didn't say that it wouldn't be announced at E3, just that it might not be

The key here is definitely the implication that it "could be" announced at E3 which, gives off some information about where it's at in the development cycle.  This is especially true if you consider their publicly stated policy of keeping titles close to the vest until they are ready to launch in the short term.

With that said I have to agree that assuming these two specific days are the only possible days to announce the next Zelda game is somewhat naive in this case.  With most games I think it would be a relatively safe assumption, but with a Zelda title the news is easily big enough for it to reverberate around the gaming world all on its own without the need for a convention to boost it up.  In fact a convention, and the gluttony of news that it entails, could dampen the impact of the announcement.  If it were my call, which it obviously isn't, I would do it between E3 and TGS or right after TGS (assuming the game is ready for an '09 release), and then back it up with a big media blitz before a late November release.

To Each Man, Responsibility
puffy said:
I'm trying to put things into perspective for everybody..

mid 2007 was when Zelda Wii started production.. By the time E3 rolls around it will have been 2 years of development while TP had 3 years..

I just don't think 2009 fits..

I mean if they have made a lot faster progress for this game than they did with Tp then yes I can 2009 being a possibility but even at E3 miyamoto said they were still looking for some big new ideas..

I just don't want people saying 'what happened to zelda!?' when the next E3 comes and goes..

Yes, but lest we forget, Miyamoto had to intervene on Twilight Princess, the famous "upend the tea table" thing, which set development back considerably.

Not that i believe it will be holiday 2009 myself, but then again my bet is on March/April 2010

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

No miyamoto didn't upend the tea table with twilight princess.. Look up the Iwata asks on Twilight Princess development

Slavedemonxi said:
I hope it's cell shaded, and goes back to the whole island theme of wind waker. The only they do need to fix the sailing though.

Did you play Phantom Hourglass?

Puffy, as far as my memory is concerned, Miyamoto did do the famous "upend the tea table" for TP.

Without this news, I think Fall of 2010 looks pretty likely. 2009 just seems to soon for a Zelda game that hasn't even been seen.

However, if a Zelda game comes out, I do think it would be something like Zelda Four Swords Online. Because that would be the likely step in the Four Swords series is to go online. And that, probably won't keep as long as a real zelda game to make.