By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Take Two: We just can't ignore the Wii's install base. We just can't.

Incandescence said:
Off-topic: Wow! I just realized you're Soriku!

On-topic: Epic quote indeed.

Took me some time to realize that aswell.

OT: Of course they can't. Leading with 45%+ Marketshare is NO JOKE

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

Take 2 better hurry.

Because Sega is releasing games that have more blood than GTA.

If Madworld works on the Wii, I can't think of much that would not.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Rockstar used to make some pretty awesome games before they were turned into the GTA company.

I think they were responsible for Lemmings, Space Station Silicon Valley, and Body Harvest, which were all pretty cool games. Why not try a new Body Harvest based on the GTA III engine or something?

Or maybe I'm nuts.

I think most people are both wrong and right when it comes to the implications of this ...

Take Two will (probably) produce quite a few low budget "casual" games to try to replicate the success of Carnivale Games without having to understand why it was successful in the first place. At the same time it is likely that Take Two will produce Wii games using their most successful IPs.

I'm linking this story everytime someone says sales don't matter.

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

Around the Network

GTA, Midnight Club moving to the Wii... fascinating. I wonder how Rockstar will feel about moving from the 360 to the Wii as the main dev platform for future releases? I guess their thoughts on the issue don't matter... they're just creative people, after all (insert whip lashing sound).

I'm gonna have to take another look at "GTA: Carnival Games" next time I am at the store.  Should I score a wheel, while I'm at it?

HappySqurriel said:

I think most people are both wrong and right when it comes to the implications of this ...

Take Two will (probably) produce quite a few low budget "casual" games to try to replicate the success of Carnivale Games without having to understand why it was successful in the first place. At the same time it is likely that Take Two will produce Wii games using their most successful IPs.

You're probably right.

I was daydreaming some more about Rockstar North and some of their great old games and it occurred to me that if some of the original talent from DMA is left, maybe the thing for Take Two to do would be to provide them with a couple million and say, "Come up with something brand-new for Wii!"  They were pretty creative back in the day, but who knows if any of that is left?

A cel shaded GTA could work extremely well on the Wii.

Fernando said:
A cel shaded GTA could work extremely well on the Wii.

Yeah, it really did.  No More Heroes is a blast.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Well if TT wants to put a GTA Complilation on Wii with Godfather like controls I for one will be very happy.