By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Take Two: We just can't ignore the Wii's install base. We just can't.

GTA: Carnival Games..ROFLMAO!!!!
This dude seriously needs to rethink his words before coming out in public.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
makingmusic476 said:
GTA: Carnival Games? What?

That's easy to explain. Take Two is so used to Grand Theft Auto being their only profitable franchise that they automatically add the acronym in front of every game that made money for them.

Nice.

Also, funnily enough, there is no GTA: in front of Chinatown Wars...

@OP. hopefully they go the route of the ps2 games, rather than the gtaIV route, (I just started playing the PC version, and can't say i'm impressed at all with their attempts at 'realism' for the amount i've played - if that is even what they were going for)

makingmusic476 said:
GTA: Carnival Games? What?

i cant wait for GTA: Carnival games

on-topic: TT have so far released nothing to brag about, let see if they can improve next year

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

Although it acknowledges that some of its brands are "not appropriate" for the Wii.

That line is still going to cause Take Two and many other developers to fail on the Wii. The core audience is there. Developers have to take advantage of it.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

Bully sequel on Wii would be AWESOME!!!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network

I guess so.

Let's hope by them "not ignoring the Wii's install base" doesn't mean Carnival Games 2, 3 and 4.

I wouldn't hold my breath, this is Take2 we're talking about.

DMeisterJ said:
I guess so.

Let's hope by them "not ignoring the Wii's install base" doesn't mean Carnival Games 2, 3 and 4.

I wouldn't hold my breath, this is Take2 we're talking about.

Agreed, but i didnt realize it was you DMJ, were did your cat holiday avatar go?

Now it has Drakes sexy busted up HD Goateed face on it! ...wait......... >_>

Well the success on Wii platforms from Take 2 has been party and sports games thus far. So I don't know how far they will expand into the other franchises they have. They'll probably start off with ports like every other company, such was the case with Bully, and then work into full fledged products.

My guess is we can expect more Carnival Games, all IPs based off outside properties, and of course the Sports brand being fully moved to Wii as well and not just baseball and hockey. At least for 2009. Then maybe in 2010 we'll see some more ambitious projects from them.

As more and more software companies announce losses, expect a lot more quotes just like this one.

CEOs need to explain to shareholders why they are losing money, and at the same time ignoring a console that has 50% market share.

It's nice to see people understanding basic math.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception