By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why are PS3 owners really bothered about the PS3 being in 3rd , seriously ?

I'm not really bothered, it sold the least between 3 platform yet had the best lineup this year.(my opinion).

Around the Network

I am upset because it shows the sheer lack of intelligence people have. They buy a console because it is inexpensive with no regard to how good the games are or if its even worth its cheap price. They pass up a console that does what most people would use or are interested in using but have no idea because all they see is price. They dont take the time to do there research and see what is the better product, or why it is more expensive.

I see this with TVs all the time. They buy the cheap off brand and wonder why the picture sucks or doesn't have the features most other sets do.

why, its for bragging rights, to use in arguements. thats why ppl are upset about 3rd.

wat should be talk about instead is why in 2 years 360 sold 13 million, and the same time for ps3 it sold 18 million despite having a higher price

@ Sieanr... in your sig you have this:

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away"

... i'm not too sure if you're quoting someone else, trying to be funny, or making an honest attempt to throw a dig towards the 360 and it's fans, but...it would come as a surprise to me if no one before this has pointed out the following:

if you turn 360 degrees, you're actually facing the exact same way you were beforehand... so... on the outside chance that you're comment is meant as an insult, you might wanna re-think it a little. it's kinda hard to walk away from something when you're still looking directly at it.

As for the OP's question, if something doesn't meet people expectations, regardless of what that something may be, resentment, frustration and complaints are the only way to vent. The PS3's not going anywhere, unfortunately, there seems to be an extremely vocal segment of the PS3 fanboy lot who are just now finding out that Jesus Christ does not, in fact, reside inside the console, it's not going to solve the worlds energy crisis, or do your homework, mow the lawn, find you a girlfriend... or any other of the fanatical imaginings some folks had it pegged as doing. So they whine, moan, complain and offer up to the rest of us a generally ugly picture of 'fanboy'
Of course, that applies to the 360 fans and Wii fans as well, it's just allot easier to sound positive when you're not in last place.

Less 3rd Party Support.

Other than this, I really couldn't give a shit. I think the system is selling great.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

I at least want SCE to be profitable, if not verily so, so that they can continue to expand their awesome first party.

Look what they've managed to do with Guerrilla Games and the Killzone franchise over the past few years. I want to see more of that!

BTFeather55 said:
Being in third means that you don't get the best games most of the time.

Very true, which is why I'm so upset I won't be able to play Infamous, Uncharted 2, God of War 3 and Killzone 2 on the third place system.....oh wait

PSN ID: ChosenOne feel free to add me

Sevengen said:
@ Sieanr... in your sig you have this:

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away"

... i'm not too sure if you're quoting someone else, trying to be funny, or making an honest attempt to throw a dig towards the 360 and it's fans, but...it would come as a surprise to me if no one before this has pointed out the following:

if you turn 360 degrees, you're actually facing the exact same way you were beforehand... so... on the outside chance that you're comment is meant as an insult, you might wanna re-think it a little. it's kinda hard to walk away from something when you're still looking directly at it.

As for the OP's question, if something doesn't meet people expectations, regardless of what that something may be, resentment, frustration and complaints are the only way to vent. The PS3's not going anywhere, unfortunately, there seems to be an extremely vocal segment of the PS3 fanboy lot who are just now finding out that Jesus Christ does not, in fact, reside inside the console, it's not going to solve the worlds energy crisis, or do your homework, mow the lawn, find you a girlfriend... or any other of the fanatical imaginings some folks had it pegged as doing. So they whine, moan, complain and offer up to the rest of us a generally ugly picture of 'fanboy'
Of course, that applies to the 360 fans and Wii fans as well, it's just allot easier to sound positive when you're not in last place.

It's a dig at someone else who said that...