By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why are PS3 owners really bothered about the PS3 being in 3rd , seriously ?

we are not bothered about the sales cas there good.its only 2 years old.wat we are bothered about is microsoft buying up exclusive dlc and ruining the gaming experiances of ps3 owners.we want fallout dlc,gta4 dlc and the list goes on

Around the Network

its simple.. its an ego thing. SONY have ruled the industry with a iron fist since '96-'97.To come down to the level of no.3 in the span of just 3 yrs is unbelievable for SONY fans.

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

megaman2 said:
twesterm said:
megaman2 said:
twesterm said:
People are upset because they don't have the best*

*Assuming you categorize the best as best in sales

Ps3 is $399  - Xbox 360 $199

I highly doubt  the Xbox 360 priced at $399 would sell even half as well as the ps3.

Thanks for completely missing my point!

The point you had made had to be addressed with common sense.

My point had absolutely nothing to do with pricing, it just had to do with the fact that people want whatever is #1.  If they see #1 as has sold the most consoles then they are unhappy that the PS3 isn't #1.

You can give 100 reasons why the PS3 hasn't sold the most, I don't care, they have nothing to do with what I said.

There are these people that are use to having the best.  They bought the PS3 assuming the Playstation would continue to be the best brand.  Since they assume sold the most means the best, they are upset they don't have the best.

Even worse to them, they're in last place.

I'm wouldn't be if it weren't for the fact that developers make less games for the PS3 because its in third place and multi-platform games are getting shafted on the PS3. Despite being the best system out this gen, the price point is screwing gamers.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

arsenicazure said:
its simple.. its an ego thing. SONY have ruled the industry with a iron fist since '96-'97.To come down to the level of no.3 in the span of just 3 yrs is unbelievable for SONY fans.

I think this is very much the case and also maybe a fear of losing out of thirdpartytitles in the future

Around the Network
arsenicazure said:

I think this is very much the case and also maybe a fear of losing out of thirdpartytitles in the future

masterb8tr said:
i dont really care about sales so it really doesnt bother me. Its been a superb console so far.

I think the reason you see so many "the ps3 is doomed threads lately" is because xbox and wii fanatics likes tu rub it into the faces of the ps3 fanatics.

If you're seeing too many "PS3 is doomed threads" than that's a sign you're spending too much time on da Interwebs reading idle fanboy chatter and not enough time playing your PS3.

None of it bothers me. I loved my Vectrex when I was a wee little boy. Loved the IntelliVision I eventually traded it for. Loved my Atari 2600 and its crappy controller that gave me blisters on my hands. Envied my cousins Odyssey^2. Loved my Sega Master System as much as my NES, and my SNES as much as my Genesis. Loved my 3DO. Loved my N64, and so on. I've loved all the systems I've had, including my PCs.

OK, I lied a little bit there, I hated the 450-Mhz Pentium III I had way back when. God, that thing SUCKED! Screw YOU Windows Me!

The fanboys don't know how to deal with this strange new sensation. It'll be an important life experience.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

I'm not bothered man, I just laugh.

I have 2 friends at school with wiis that brag about its good sales. I think one of them has about 3 games and the other has like 4 or 5. And don't get me wrong they have the money for more games. If their console is so good why don't they have more great games?

I love my PS3 and its games. I plan to buy Killzone 2, Gran Turismo 5, God of War III, Uncharted 2. I'll check out Heavy Rain and the other new IP's.

twesterm said:
People are upset because they don't have the best*

*Assuming you categorize the best as best in sales

well u cant play sales only games.

sales are for gloating tbh with you.

if for example ps3 does finish 3rd, as far as im concerned its still been the best console this gen for me, a lot of people dont understand that on this site, you choose what you want to play on either system. if you like one better than other because it has the games you want to play, thats what its about.

all im bothered about is the best games which imo ps3 will come through best

anyone who disagrees with the red bold is a fanboy..........

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...