By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Chibi Robo DS to be Walmart Exlusive in the US...

http://kotaku.com/gaming/less-okay-than-originally-thought/chibi+robo-ds-goes-wal+mart-exclusive-287554.php

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

I go to Wal Mart because my bank is in the one near my house, and the bank stays open til 8...

But man, I hate Wal Mart.

I don't get it...why would Nintendo agree to allow only one store to sell a game??

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
I go to Wal Mart because my bank is in the one near my house, and the bank stays open til 8...

I don't get it...why would Nintendo agree to allow only one store to sell a game??

Because Walmart passed them a nice chunk of change to do so.

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

Hmmm... I don't like this 'exclusive' deal. I should be able to buy this and any game from whoever I want to.

Nintendo owes us a better explanation -- i.e. is this a temporary deal, will gamers get a better price because of this, or is Nintendo just pocketing the money from the retailer?

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

ceres said:
BenKenobi88 said:

Because Walmart passed them a nice chunk of change to do so.

Yes I'm betting Walmart made a very big financial deal with Nintendo. Nintendo is known to make such deals remember when Nintendo launched StarFox:Assualt a week early for all BlockBuster outlets in the US. I remember being so mad , but I'm betting that BlockBuster paid Nintendo a hefty price for the exclusive week.

Walmart probubly tried to make a deal for Nintendo to launch one of its bigger games at Walmart exclusively. Nintendo would never launch a core franchise but Chibi-Robo isn't the biggest franchise in the first place. Nintendo knows they will take losses because they are missing a wide audience which means Walmart must have paid them pretty well to alienate their user base.

Very smart move on Walmarts behalf however because the DS is selling so well, having a Nintendo first party title launching exclusively at your store is a major PR victory. Its also good on Nintendo's side because it helps solidify Nintendo's partnership with Walmart and now Walmart owes Nintendo one.

It is always very important to maintain strong retailer relations especially with the biggest retail chain in the world!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

I guess ioi won't be tracking this game when it comes out...

No complaints here. I guess I will be getting this game 11 cents cheaper than I would have anywhere else.

Lol 11 cents

That's strange... Btw, my friend happened to play this game. He told me it's a nice title.

True fighters don't wear socks.