By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft recommends switching to a browser besides IE

I think Opera is faster and in many ways better - however, I just love the way I can open new tabs from the bookmarks folder in Firefox. IE is the worst, though - it's much slower and doesn't feel good.

Around the Network

i use firefox for quite some time now

I just used internet explorer in the windows 2000 era... When I upgraded to XP, IE just didn't worked well so I became an Opera and Netscape user

Netscape is king, long live the king

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

i use ie, sometimes firefox however firefox annoys me as when you open new tabs from a weblink on one page it opens it to the end and out of order.

where as say im browsing a site and right click on a link that leads elsewhere on the same site it opens that tab straight after the active tab in IE thus keeping all my VGChartz windows next to each other.

Around the Network

Wow, you guys must do something different when you browse the internet. They all function the same to me. I guess I am not a power surfer.

Paperdiego said:
IE isnt that bad of a web browser but i do prefer Crome

IE is that bad especially IE6 if you ever done any web development.

Firefox is great and all (that's what I use) but it can be a memory hog.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

I used to like Firefox but some of the recent updates and additions like the scriptblocker make it unweildy and for some reason my Firefox started crashing every five minutes awhile back.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

Internet Explorer is just to slow to load up pages. The vastly superior Apple Safari is awesome and I prefer it my default browser than the others.

I have used Safari for almost a year now and I am satisfied with the results. The only gripe is that my college and work (hospital) website run off IE. So I have to use IE only when I access those sites.