By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - I heart Ultima 6

So I stumbled across Dosbox recently, and started playing some abandonware titles. Duke Nukem 3D, some of the Ultima Games, etc. I frogt how much i really enjoyed Ultima 6. There's something classic about placing a powder keg near someone, lighting it and running away, then coming back to the corpse of a NPC to loot it. LOL

Overall, a really fun game, non-linear before non-linear was a term regarding gaming. Bug exploits out the wazoo tho.

However, getting a cannon and pushing it around murdering EVERYONE can be fun. lol

Around the Network

I wish ultima games were still being made (and yes I do know ultima online is still being played actively...)

I know. I wish Origin was still Origin. Wing Commander, Ultima... some of the greatest games. and I couldn't stand UO

Hell yeah. The False Prophet is one of my favorite games ever. Just epic!

For those who did play U6, if you remember the ghost Quenton, who you were able to speak with -kinda. Well, it's never said, but there's a way of getting the killer to admit to his crime. Unfortunately, the story runs into a dead end, as he's not brought to justice in the game.... well, not via the coding anyhow. I however took matters into my own hands and made him hug a powder keg. While it doesn't impact the game at all, it was a good personal vendetta.

Around the Network

Ultima 5 > Ultima 6
Or at least that's what the Shadowlords told me.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

Ultima 7a+b were the best RPGs I have ever played. Would have to try 6 sometimes

U7 is still my favorite. The last time you had a party. And you could make your own bread.

Yeah I always laugh when people think it has to something to do with processing power that Fable2 has NPCs which follow a daily rythm, have a work ...

It should be mandatory for RPG fans to play Ultima7, you had so many possibilities. There was this special spell that sent the whole world sleeping (effectively ending the game), you could use cannons to kill really hard enemies. Or try to blow them up with powder kegs. Every NPC had his own story ...

I was a huge Ultima fan at one time. I can only dream of what Ultima X, Ultima XI and Ultima XII would have been like... It's too bad Ultima VIII and Ultima IX were so horrible. :(