By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - STAR WARS 4-6 or Lord of the rings trilogy?

adajio said:
Lord of the Rings hands down. Has anyone else watched all three, extended editions, in a row? 10 hours of movie bliss! (I did this during a 23 hour car trip, hehe)

Yes. It's longer than 10 hours. By a fair margin.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
stof said:
True on that FaRm.

So what do we want our new Indy movie to be about? The Midas Touch? The Lost city of Atlantis? no wait, I've got it, psychic trans-dimensional beings!

Lucas modeled Indy after the Saturday morning serials he watched as a kid. Placed in the fifties, flying saucers and aliens were all the rage. I absolutely loved the idea behind the movie.

With that said, the implementation of said idea sucked ass.

Cougarman said:
i love them both, but i have some great memories of Star wars, watching it with my father and him trying to explain the story to me, it was good times, LOTR is probably the better trilogy but my heart belongs to star wars.

That's because those movies, especially Episode IV, had real heart to them. It's hard to watch those movies without smiling. There's a "realness" to them that can't really be described. They're meant to be loads of fun, they changed the way movies are made, and you could tell there was a genuine effort behind the movies to create something special.

I love the LotR movies and think they're excellent examples of how to make a good blockbuster movie, but they lack that certain charm found in the original Star Wars trilogy (minus the Ewoks, that's where Lucas ended his run of fun mixed with intelligent filmmaking).

I prefer LoTR. It has better acting as has been pointed out and I prefer the fantasy setting overall. They didn't screw up the final film with stupid ewok type abominations and trying to appeal to kids as well as fans.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
rocketpig said:
Cougarman said:
i love them both, but i have some great memories of Star wars, watching it with my father and him trying to explain the story to me, it was good times, LOTR is probably the better trilogy but my heart belongs to star wars.

That's because those movies, especially Episode IV, had real heart to them. It's hard to watch those movies without smiling. There's a "realness" to them that can't really be described. They're meant to be loads of fun, they changed the way movies are made, and you could tell there was a genuine effort behind the movies to create something special.

I love the LotR movies and think they're excellent examples of how to make a good blockbuster movie, but they lack that certain charm found in the original Star Wars trilogy (minus the Ewoks, that's where Lucas ended his run of fun mixed with intelligent filmmaking).

Dang, RP, I couldn't have said it better.

Around the Network
madskillz said:
rocketpig said:
Cougarman said:

We may disagree on race issues and politics, but at least we agree on Star Wars. :D

Seriously, that movie may have brought down Hollywood and its "intellecuatlism", but it's a great film.

To boot, Empire is one of the greatest films ever made. I challenge someone to argue that point.

Star Wars, in its own attempt to create a modern mythology, created its own.

And I'll be damned if those first two films weren't two of the finest examples of celluloid ever produced.

rocketpig said:
madskillz said:
rocketpig said:
Cougarman said:

We may disagree on race issues and politics, but at least we agree on Star Wars. :D

Seriously, that movie may have brought down Hollywood and its "intellecuatlism", but it's a great film.

To boot, Empire is one of the greatest films ever made. I challenge someone to argue that point.

Star Wars, in its own attempt to create a modern mythology, created its own.

And I'll be damned if those first two films weren't two of the finest examples of celluloid ever produced.

You had to mention Empire - yeah, you are full of win on Star Wars. I so loved Empire it's not even funny. I enjoyed New Hope, but Empire. Wow. I was blown away. Jedi was ai'te, but I watch Empire the most.

"Luke. I am your father."

That one line is better than all of the LOTR movies put together times seven.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:

Its actually "No....I am your father"

Sorry

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

colonelstubbs said:
amp316 said:

Its actually "No....I am your father"

Sorry

Were you waiting for this?  Damn you!

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger