By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Cheap X360s: Used EB/GS X360s now $189.99

An un-intended side effect:

Xbox 360s are now $189 for core Xbox 360s with wired controllers at EB/GS. Elites are $239.99.

However, the Elites DO NOT include the hard drives. Get them while they're hot. $189.99 is a steal if you want an X360 for a few certain games (Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, ect).

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Man, that is pretty tempting. If there weren't so many games coming out already this holiday season I would definitely consider it. I will have trouble affording those/keeping up as it is.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Apparently they base the price of their used 360's off the Premium unit's price despite stealing the damn HDD. I checked the price before the pricecut just to see what the absolute lowest price you can get a 360 from a store is, and unless I've gone mad these used units dropped $60 (never saw a used Elite, though).

You do not have the right to never be offended.

Woah those are very tempting prices, if I didn't own a 360 I would get an elite at that price in a heartbeat....

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

they sell the used hard drive for like 69 bucks I think.... basically 258 or so for an xbox 360 with a wired controller... They don't "steal" the hard drive... there is something about microsoft's operating system or something that causes an issue where they have to break the two apart -- at least according to the manager at EB games...

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network

They also decreased the price of their used 20GB HDDs by $10. That's not a bad idea, and not you can have basically the same package as the premium for $250. If you don't mind used.

Edit:  Didn't see KN's post, but it's good that I put out the informaion on the $10 cut anyway, heh.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

Very tempting. If I had the money I would get a core. But right now I am really poor.

I could never buy a used console...

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

this sounds like a real good deal... So i could get an elite and the $69 hard-drive? or is that only for core/premium?

Nope. You could get the Elite (black, HDMI, ect) and a $69 hard drive, and basically have all the elite re-designed stuff (like the 65nm Xenon, extra heatsinks, new DVD drive), and a $20gb hard drive for right at $300.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.