By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Five Most Anticipated Games On Everyone's List

remove half-life and halo then you have got yourself a list.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

As far as big sellers, I think it's more along these lines:

1. Grand Theft Auto

2. Mario Kart

3. Mario Brothers

4. Madden

5. Gran Turismo

6. Halo

7. Smash Brothers

8. Final Fantasy

9. Zelda

10. Gears

11. DragonQuest

That's not including stuff like Pokemon, or Wii Sports, who would kill with sequels.

My most anticipated new game is, as always, Zelda, then Final Fantasy. Next would probably be any Resident Evil game, all of which I love, or Tales game.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

1- Star Fox Wii - Explained Below

- The Conduit - A FPS on the Wii with great gameplay and graphics? Perfect! Wii Motion + enabled!

- Killzone 2 - I just like the way this game is looking out to be on the PS3.

- Resident Evil 5 - The only one in the seires I've played is RE4 and it was easily a success in my mind. the game plays great, I only have great hope for it's sequel.

- COD:6 - We know it will be COD4's sequel, Modern Warefare 2, if you like. COD4 was a fantastic game, COD6 will surely meet it in terms of sales and reviews.
I have many many more games that could probably be up there, but these are just the ones that come to mind. The only one with a number there is Star Fox Wii, simply because it's the #1 reason I bought a Wii for. I hope they don't let me down and actually release the title. The rest of the titles are there in no particular order.

My personal list:
1)Heavy Rain-story sounds intriguing(and very adult I might add) and the game sports outstanding graphics, what's not to like
2)God of War III-impressive trailer
3)Resident Evil 5-I really like Resident Evil
4)Uncharted 2-liked the first one
5)White Knight Chronicles-nice visuals, good pedigree

OK, let's see the games you chose

Gran Turismo 5: YEAH! It's not my most hyped game ever, but I await it eagerly, I'm sure it'll be amazing
Next Mario Platformer: Bleh. I never liked Mario platformers, so I don't hype this.
Halo 4: Noooooooooooo. It'll be an FPS+Halo 1 was horrible(the only Halo I played)= ZERO HYPE
Half Life 3: Definitely no. It's an FPS. Except that it turns to be Portal 2, otherwise, zero hype
The Legend of Zelda: Nah, the only Zelda I played (Ocarina) was decent, but nothing to make hyped for a Zelda. Maybe I need to play another, but I'm not really hyped for a Zelda game

So of "everyone's list" I'm only anticipating one. I can't believe you left out FF and MGS.

Around the Network

All of those games are good, but only a big fan of Halo out of those 5.

PREDICTIONS:
360 will outsell PS3 YTD for 2008. (CHECK!)
360 will have the best showing at E3 & TGS in 2009
2009 will be another year for the 360 over PS3
End OF 2009 SALES :: 360 - 40M;  PS3 - 30M; Wii - 70M

OK, I confess I was one of those who didn't read the OP close enough - it was my last post before bedtime.

In the spirit of the original intent...

Factors that play into anticipation:

• History. Obviously more people will be excited for Grand Theft Auto 5 than State of Emergency 2.
  • The Wait. Longer the wait, the greater the interest... unless you waited too long. Right now, there is probably more anticipation for Punch Out Wii than GTA5, simply because GTA4 is so fresh in memory.
  • The base. Banjo-Kazooie and Sly Cooper has its fans, but nothing compared to Mario and Sonic.
  • Newness. Is it offering something different, like RE4 did over RE1-3. This often makes the first incarnation of a franchise on a new console more anticipated than its sequels (FFX vs FF XII).
  • The hype. Admittedly the gaming industry is largely built on fans and we are more than capable of generating hype ourselves, but at the same time, without Nintendo's promotion, WiiMusic would have sold 20 copies.
  • Imminence. A game that's coming out next week will be more anticipated than one coming out in 2010.

Of course, none of these factors is easily measured and weighed against the other, so this is still more art than science, but they are good guidelines to go by. With that in mind...

1) Resident Evil 5: RE4 has already attained legendary status, we've been waiting years for a sequel, and that's about to arrive. Plus its the first RE on a HD console.

2) Wii Sports 2: The "hardcore" hate to hear it, but WiiSports was huge - it was the game that sold the console, not the other way 'round (unlike WiiPlay). Its the first franchise since Halo to enter public consciousness. And most importantly, it is coming with the WiiMotion Plus, which is enough to get even the most jaded Wii fan excited.

3) Gran Tourismo 5: A little further off than RE5, and its not multiplat, but you can't argue the past success of the franchise.

4) Street Fighter 4: Could there have been a longer wait? The oldest of the old school fighters, updated at last into the 3D era, and its coming this year on multiple platforms. 

5) Final Fantasy 13: The first FF on a new generation, with Squeenix pushing the graphics borders well past where they've ever been before, would be enough to drag in a lot of players, but add in the number of 360 fans who will be getting their first taste of the franchise, and this has to be on the list. The only thing keeping it from a higher rank is the general suspicion that its coming out "eventually."

Runners Up: Halo 3.5, Halo Wars, GTA4 DLC, Punch Out Wii, The Conduit, Killzone 2, MGS4-360, Kingdom Hearts 3, Bioshock 2, Mass Effect 2, God of War 3, Infamous, Wii HD, XBox 720, PS3 Price Cut, Ghostbusters, any incarnation of Guitar Hero or Rock Band, Goregasm 2: Return of Dong Slayer

I can't wait for Zelda. The other games will be cool too.

Brutal Legend - Tim Schafer. That's all I need to say. It will be one of the greatest games of the year, it will sell like shit, and no one will give it the respect it deserves. Just like everything else Schafer, one of the few true artistic geniuses in this industry, has created.

Alan Wake - I love Remedy. I want them to do well. I think Max Payne, in its own kitschy way, was a brilliant game. I respect the developer and will wait for them to put out this game when they're ready.

Half-Life 3 - Obvious reasons. Valve is the best FPS maker in the land, bar none. I heart FPS games. I heart Valve.

Mass Effect 2 - For the first time in a long while, I'm actually curious to see where a developer is going with something. It doesn't hurt that I enjoyed the shit out of the original ME and adore Bioware. If they wanted to charge me $60 for Shit on a Stick, I'd still probably take the bait.

Whatever "real" game Myamoto Heads Next - No Wii Fit, no Wii Music, I want to know what direction he's sending Mario or Zelda. I know that he isn't directly involved with most of the older franchises anymore, but he still has a say and until he dies, Shiggy is the lord of all classic Nintendo franchises.

My honorable mentions go to Gran Turismo 5 (after playing Forza 2 and GT5:p, anticipation has dropped slightly), Halo 3: Recon (I heart Bungie), and "Whatever Blizzard is planning next, probably Diablo III even though I'm not a big Diablo fan".

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

My Fave are as follows:

1. Mass Effect 2: Love the first one. Story and sci-fi epic feel is the greatest.

2. Killer Instict 3: Shitting my pants for this one

3. God of War 3. The best action game ever!

4. Diablo 3: waiting for ages for this one. Trust me, this one will also be coming out on the 360.

5. Last but not least is Forza 3. Forza 2 was IMO one of the greatest racing game ever and 3 will finally challege GT5.