By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Only Owners: Which HD Console Would You Buy?

neither.. normally I'd say PS3 but you don't know how long its going to be around.

Around the Network

Well, as a Wii only owner, and nintendo fan boy, I had a 360 before, got it at launch, but RRoD on me 2 years later, So I'm not getting another one.

I'm waiting for the PS3 to go down in price alittle then I'm getting one for sure.

Well, I'm not just a wii owner, I also own a DS, and PSP =o

I'd for the 360, right now has more exclusives that appeal to me

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

wfz said:
I'd buy a 360, and I did just that a few weeks ago. :P

I'm in this boat.

lol like everyone replying to this guy isn't a wii only owner. way to give an "objective" opinion guys. Tell you what buy whatever system you want that has the games YOU want not cause some trash people spew at you over the interent to try and persuade you

Around the Network

probably 360, because of Halo Wars and End War

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

jlauro said:

PS3... That said, I don't feel as strongly that way as I did two years ago.

BC is a must or I would just say 360 for the lower price. In addition to BC, some reasons include Ratchet, MGS4, LBP, Blu-Ray.

Wait... are you aware the PS3 is no longer Backward Compatible?
You can't play PS2 games on PS3 (unless you got an old 60gb version).
In others words, you can no longer find a PS3 on the market that wiil play PS2 games.

On the other side, Xbox 360 is backward compatible with 478 Xbox1 games.

The Backward Compatibility is now a strong Microsoft feature.
I think it was a bad move from Sony to cut costs by removing the PS2 hardware chip in the PS3.

My Gaming Setup

BenVTrigger said:
lol like everyone replying to this guy isn't a wii only owner. way to give an "objective" opinion guys. Tell you what buy whatever system you want that has the games YOU want not cause some trash people spew at you over the interent to try and persuade you

There's so much wrong with this post... The OP wasn't asking for our input on what system he should buy, he was merely asking us Wii only owners what HD console we would buy if we were going to buy one. I've been a diehard Nintendo fan for my entire life, and I JUST picked up a 360 a few weeks ago, literally. How does that make my opinion, and a few other people's opinions biased? We aren't even trying to persuade this guy of ANYTHING.

I'd go with 360. Both platforms have some good exclusives, but 360 is cheaper, has a better controller, and I know more 360 owners. Bluray holds almost no value for me.

But I just bought a DS, so I'm totally cut off for the rest of this generation. No more platforms for me.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Do I really need an HDTV to make a 360 or a PS3 work? If I do, then there's no chance of me buying either system...

My Wii Friend Code is: 6458-0869-2019-9754

Also, my 3DS Friend Code is: 1891-1193-6272

And my Pokemon White Friend Code is: 2408-6863-8559

PM me with your corresponding code if you Friend me!