By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

So up until now I have been pretty ignorant to what the Wii and PS3 both offer. I love my 360 and it's enough for me as far as games go (I still have 4 more games I want to buy this christmas) but I don't want to miss out on some of this generations best games.

I have some kind of idea about the games on the PS3 and Wii but nothing apart from Da Blob on the wii and LBP on the PS3 gets me wanting either console, I plan to purchase a PS3 or a Wii next christmas (hopefully by then there will be a few games I love that can warrant my purchase.

So which one should I go for? Price won't be a factor. I do however want games I can't get on the 360, games like LBP because there is nothing on the 360 remotely like that. I'm not really into shooters, LOVE platforming and open to other types of games.

My 360 list of games is

Viva Pinata 1 & 2, Oblivion, Halo 3, GTAIV, Burnout Revenge, Fable 2, Bioshock, Lips & Mortal Kombat. Plan on getting Prince of Persia, Fallout 3, L4D & Banjo Kazooie this Christmas.

So from that if you could reccomend any games you think I might like be most appreciated :) upcoming games are welcome too. Thanks!

Around the Network

The ps3's line up is miles ahead of the wii..check this out:

http://www.metacritic.com/games/ps3/scores/

compared to the wii:

http://www.metacritic.com/games/wii/scores/

Then again, the Wii is much more different than the ps3, you have a somewhat similar experience with the 360, the wii is a different experience.

mM
leo-j said:
The ps3's line up is miles ahead of the wii..check this out:

http://www.metacritic.com/games/ps3/scores/

compared to the wii:

http://www.metacritic.com/games/wii/scores/

Then again, the Wii is much more different than the ps3, you have a somewhat similar experience with the 360, the wii is a different experience.

Thanks, I think I would really enjoy Ratchet & Clank come to think of it, and Uncharted.

If you are concerned about playing games that you will never get on 360 then you should get a Wii. It has a ridiculousness high number of exclusives both released and upcoming.

Your games list makes it seem as if you are into games that are more common to the PS3 though. Personally, I spend more time with my PS3 than I do with my Wii.

Since you already have a 360 there's no need for a ps3, they basically give you the same expirience. The Wii is miles different from both, so you can get that for the different game Wii has to offer.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network

Ratchet, and Uncharted are very good platformers , some of the best ps3 games to be honest...(much better than GTA IV imo), the ps3 has some very INNOVATIVE and fun PSN games, I like the psn games more than the BD games to be honest.

mM

Personally I would say being a wii60 owner you get best of both worlds....and if Sega was still making consoles then you would only need one instead of 2......don't mind the extreme Pro-Sega rabble...

Former something....

If you love platformers then it's really a no-brainer. Wii and Super Mario Galaxy. Nothing on ps3 platform wise will come close.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

@peachbuggy

mhm.. which is why LBP has a 95 on metacritic..and Ratchet, and Tomb raider, and Uncharted..

The ps3 has some very good platformers..

mM
leo-j said:
Ratchet, and Uncharted are very good platformers , some of the best ps3 games to be honest...(much better than GTA IV imo), the ps3 has some very INNOVATIVE and fun PSN games, I like the psn games more than the BD games to be honest.

I agree on how GTA 4 is overrated o_O

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)