By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 Overtakes PS3 for 2008 Worldwide Sales

MontanaHatchet said:
Sony sucks. I hate their guts. I hope they die a slow, painful death. Blah blah blah.

Montana, the last Sony dominanted region in the world.

Tease.

Around the Network
taomaster06 said:
I wonder what sonys going to do. If they want to get back on top they have to do something now.

They wont ever be on top this gen. The wii has secured its place as #1. However they do have a small (and continually shrinking) chance at #2

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Squilliam said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Sony sucks. I hate their guts. I hope they die a slow, painful death. Blah blah blah.

Montana, the last Sony dominanted region in the world.

No, the 360 dominates Montana. Halo and Gears of War are really popular with the survivalist crowd.

even with MGS4 released,Sony cant own the sales
hope they will do better next year with GT5 and Killzone2 which still may not move systems as much as MGS4 did this year

next mission for MS: Japan!!!

Enjoy

Around the Network

This is also going to be the first time any Xbox console has ever sold 10 million in one year.

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

9.30m sales in your 4th year = amazing sales. great job!
9.23m sales in your 3rd year = doom!!

j/k

IMHO. Good sales for both.

erikers said:
This is also going to be the first time any Xbox console has ever sold 10 million in one year.

Well there's only been 2 of them...

I mean...one did and one didn't. It's like saying that I flipped a coin twice and the second time was the first time it landed on tails.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

Heh, I remember when even Squilliam's sig was somewhat far-fetched for Microsoft's console. Now things have changed drastically with the price cut. I knew it would be beneficial, but I doubt any of us could see it affecting the market as it is today. At first the price cut was deemed unsuccessful by many, seeing as the 360 could just barely outpace the PS3.

And then sales were updated.

Now the 360 is having it's most successful holiday season yet, while PS3 is seeing a holiday YoY decrease. It went from "When will PS3 beat 360?" to "Can PS3 beat 360?". It's amazing what 4 months can do for a console.

Plus, it just made this race a lot more interesting.