By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - My 360 just got the one ring of death :_(

I knew that sooner or later my 360 would kick the bucket. Its been a year since I got an Elite console. But today, I got one of the red flashing lights. When I turn on my 360, I get an error message in multiple languages and the code E73. I checked online and it seems the problem has to deal with the ethernet port. Apparently the problem is bad enough that it warrants being sent to MS... :(

In any case, what do I have do to? How do I contact MS? How do I participate in the free 360 deal? Do I need to send my console and the HD as well?

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Around the Network

Did you try unplugging your ethernet cord, turning on your 360, and then plugging it back in? I didn't think the one light was something that actually broke the console.

I've gotten it once before and I just restarted my 360 and everything was fine.

Yeah, check all your connections ... Ethernet, video/audio, power supply, make sure they are snug, and power your 360 back on. Let us know if that resolves it.

That just means something's unplugged bro.. lol, it's not RROD.

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

I thought you had to get all the rings red before giving your console to MS?

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network

Guys, I did everything. I disconnected ALL plugs and accessories, checked if there was something wrong with then, then connected everything back in, turned it on using the control and nothing. Still get one flashing red light. :_(

Goddammit...

Did you try it without having the ethernet plug in when you power it on?

I JUST CAN SAy....
XBOX360 SUX!

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

If all else fails you should still be covered under the 3 year warranty.

Not sure if you need to send the HDD with it though, I think it will end up getting wiped clean.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

pollolealps3 said:
I JUST CAN SAy....
XBOX360 SUX!

I JUST CAN SAy....
REPORTED!

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."