By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
dhummel said:
Skeeuk said:
NJ5 said:
luisgvm said:
all consoles are doing great and thats good for us gamers.

No they are not. This is the second holiday season for the PS3 in Europe and it's down from last year. No matter how optimistic one is, that can't be seen as great.

last holiday saw a major price cut for ps3, combined with price situation this fall, its no suprise ps3 is lower than it could have been. i would say ps3 sales are admirable considering its price and consumer spending-holdbacks. if wii or 360 were that price i doubt they would even reach half of that.

360 sales are very good its up from last year due to its price, its the cheapest out there, and wii well nothing can touch the wii at the moment.

This is such a junk argument, and I see it everywhere. The reason the 360 and Wii wouldn't sell at $400 is because they are not offering 400$ worth of hardware. Simple. Its the same reason that the PS3 would sell like hotcakes at the 360 price point. The fact is that each console is priced differently, according to what it offers. You can't just interchange the prioces and the console the prices go to. It honestly sounds like damage control for the PS3, claiming that people are only buying the 360 and Wii because of price.

to your 1st point: its not a junk argument at all, i was just making a point that ps3 is selling that much at that current price point. because it could have been much lower given the situation on pricing.

to your 2nd point: theres no damage control at all, why was ps3 selling more than 360 during year even though 360 was cheaper? now that 360 is much much more cheaper, it would be hard for a gift buyer this fall to buy a ps3 over a 360 in a general sence.

imo people are buying the 360 more because of price, its clearly obvious.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
NJ5 said:

Same week last year:

DS: 752k
Wii: 342k
360: 176k
PS3: 277k
PSP: 216k
PS2: 260k

Differences to this year:

DS: +22%
Wii: +86%
360: +93%
PS3: -27%
PSP: -7%
PS2: -44%

My maths is not great but the PS3 % drop from last year is worse then -27% if it is 75k down?

Paperdiego said:
badgenome said:
DS says, "WTF is market saturation?"

psp replys, "where everyone already has one."

GBA replys, "it happends to all of us!"

DS says, "all of us? I sell to the dogs, cats, trees and even thoughs dust particles you have accumulated"

LMAO. You won the internet!

Krill said:
dhummel said:
Skeeuk said:
NJ5 said:
luisgvm said:

No they are not. This is the second holiday season for the PS3 in Europe and it's down from last year. No matter how optimistic one is, that can't be seen as great.

last holiday saw a major price cut for ps3, combined with price situation this fall, its no suprise ps3 is lower than it could have been. i would say ps3 sales are admirable considering its price and consumer spending-holdbacks. if wii or 360 were that price i doubt they would even reach half of that.

360 sales are very good its up from last year due to its price, its the cheapest out there, and wii well nothing can touch the wii at the moment.

This is such a junk argument, and I see it everywhere. The reason the 360 and Wii wouldn't sell at $400 is because they are not offering 400$ worth of hardware. Simple. Its the same reason that the PS3 would sell like hotcakes at the 360 price point. The fact is that each console is priced differently, according to what it offers. You can't just interchange the prioces and the console the prices go to. It honestly sounds like damage control for the PS3, claiming that people are only buying the 360 and Wii because of price.

Most sensible post I've read on this thread.

it's not just what it offers but what the manufacturer can afford the console to be sold at.

psp replys "god i hate you!"

hello how are you.

Around the Network
Hyruken said:
NJ5 said:

Same week last year:

My maths is not great but the PS3 % drop from last year is worse then -27% if it is 75k down?

correct your math isn't great 75 devided by 277 gives 27 %

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Hyruken said:
NJ5 said:

Same week last year:

Divide 75 by 277 and multiply by 100.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

dhummel said:
Skeeuk said:
NJ5 said:
luisgvm said:

Given that they still sell out everywhere, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the Wii would sell at $400.  Maybe not over a million a week, but still better than X360 or PS3.

that last bit was the end of it.
(=

hello how are you.

cant wait for software sales