By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Can someone help me remove this trojan virus form my PC?!?!? Please! :(

Once your computer is clean, do the following.

Download:
Spybot Search and Destroy
Ad-Aware 2008
Security Task Manager
Kapersky AnitVirus

Delete all other antivirus programs (using more than one antivirus software can actually cause problems) though you can keep your spyware programs if you like just remember to get the 2 I listed above.

If you cannot get your Windows firewall to work, download the ZoneAlarm firewall.

Run all the software periodically (at least once a week and preferably in safe mode for best results).

PS: If you're ever having this kind of trouble again, get the name of the infected file. Boot up using a Live Linux CD (just ask if you don't know how to do this....it's incredibly easy), navigate to the file and delete it. You may need to use the command line to delete them which also isn't difficult if you copy and paste the commands and file names.

Because the file doesn't have any association with the Live Linux CD, it can be deleted completely without it hooking into other files as it might when trying to delete it in Windows.

And while you've got the Live Linux CD going, may as well take a peak at Linux for a while (I'd suggest Ubuntu) With the exception of gaming, it does everything Windows does (and more) but without all the security problems. I run both Vista and Linux. On Vista, I have those above security programs at the ready. On Linux, I have....none, they aren't needed.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

The next time you get a problem like this, go to the majorgeeks.com forums. They will get you fixed up faster and easier.

Timmah! said:
Run a full scan using superantispyware! That will make sure you got everything. http://www.superantispyware.com

I second this...  SUPERAntiSpyware is amazing.

This is what you need

- safe mode:admin privileges
- spybot
- NOD32
- windows defender( dont laugh it got rid of my spyware)
-hijack this
-c cleaner

happy cleaning

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

download a tool called combo-fix is free, you run in safe mode your computer and thats all, this will eliminate your trojan

100% Mexican Power

Around the Network

use a combination of what superkasei and arsenic said. Start with using hijackthis. Follow up with ccleaner so future scans are faster. Run Combofix in safemode followed by updating and using SDfix in safemode (you have to start normally to update SDfix, use the runthis.bat file). At this point, you should have no problem running spybot S&D, eset online scanner and bitdefender online scanner to clean up the leftover viruses.

Good luck.