By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Family angry because supermarket won't inscribe cake to son, Adolf Hitler

This thread is too long for me to read through, but I'm sure there is a couple of people defending the parents and saying they should have done up the cake. A supermarket is private property. If management says so, they can do what they want, ban whoever they want, disallow what they want. Even cops can be kicked out of a store. If they said they wont do the cake, then theres no law saying they have to. This isn't public property, this is in the house of (whatever corporation they are).

And really, this is a good business move on their part. Theres are a lot more Nazi haters than lovers.

[2:08:58 am] Moongoddess256: being asian makes you naturally good at ddr
[2:09:22 am] gnizmo: its a weird genetic thing
[2:09:30 am] gnizmo: goes back to hunting giant crabs in feudal Japan

Around the Network

The point is that nobody wished little baby Adolf for his birthday. Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday Adolf Hitler, happy birthday to....jew?(lol sorry)

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

Moongoddess256 said:
This thread is too long for me to read through, but I'm sure there is a couple of people defending the parents and saying they should have done up the cake. A supermarket is private property. If management says so, they can do what they want, ban whoever they want, disallow what they want. Even cops can be kicked out of a store. If they said they wont do the cake, then theres no law saying they have to. This isn't public property, this is in the house of (whatever corporation they are).

And really, this is a good business move on their part. Theres are a lot more Nazi haters than lovers.

No, an owner of private property cannot discriminate if they provide public accomodations. This is includes but is not limited to restaurants, hotels, and grocery stores. 

mrjuju said:
That's the thing Superchunk, the child was never denied a cake, in fact one was offered with a blank area for the parents to write whatever they wanted on. It was the parents themselves who screwed lil' Hitler out of his cake.

I mean how hard would it have been to buy a small tube of frosting and write "Happy Birthday Blank Slate For Our Unjustified And Backwards Hatred Of Anyone Who Is In Anyway Different From Us And Our Immediate Family!" Sure it would have to be a big cake, but I'm sure a sheet cake would cover it.

Hey... lets say i've got a restruant.  Can i then decide to give people with vaguely muslim sounding names unfinished food and just give them the ingriedents they need to finish it?

Or better yet.  Give them finished food but make them eat outside?

Well, I feel bad for the kids. I just hope they go to an all-white school, or they are going to get beatup at least twice a week.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

Around the Network
Jackson50 said:
Moongoddess256 said:

No, an owner of private property cannot discriminate if they provide public accomodations. This is includes but is not limited to restaurants, hotels, and grocery stores.

And who the hell is willing to consider that "discrimination"? I sure as hell wouldn't interpret it as such.

I'm pretty sure "discrimination" only applies to very specific things. As I found out when I got terminated from a gov't job unfairly.

Edit: I just clicked on that link you provided, it says right in the first line " without discrimination on the ground of race, color, religion, or national origin"

Says nothing about discrimination on the ground of naming your kid after one of the most evil figures in history.

Yeah I just read this. was about to post it. Wow. My main thing is, but Why?
I mean he has is argument but still, why? I dunno man, wierd.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Moongoddess256 said:And who the hell is willing to consider that "discrimination"? I sure as hell wouldn't interpret it as such.

I'm pretty sure "discrimination" only applies to very specific things. As I found out when I got terminated from a gov't job unfairly.

Edit: I just clicked on that link you provided, it says right in the first line " without discrimination on the ground of race, color, religion, or national origin"

Says nothing about discrimination on the ground of naming your kid after one of the most evil figures in history.

How was the store aware that the child was named after an evil dictator? It is possible that the child was named after a German relative. Unless the parents explicitly stated that the child was named after Adolf Hitler as a form of political speech, which can be restricted on private property, the store had no clue. If that is the case, it is discriminating against the family because of its national origin.

No its not. Wow. It is what it is. Anyone with a human brain knows what it is. How is someone to know that Adolf Hitler is german? By your logic, they could be unaware of national origin and only know that he was that guy who killed a lot of people.

Well, If I was the one at the store recieving the call I would have figured it was a prank. If I were the manager who had to deal with the call I would have said bring in the child and proof that thats his name and we will do it, until then no sale.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself