By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - iSuppli deleted their bad predictions from their website

NJ5 said:
FishyJoe said:

I forgot how ridiculously bad their predictions were. Their projected install base for the Wii was 37.7 million by 2011. And this prediction was made in Feb 2008!

I am hoping that they were trolling Nintendo... I really hope they didn't seriously believe that.

I think there was something either we or they didn't understand.... because they had an install base for PS3 not much higher than that and 360 just short of it... so all three consoles were between 35 and 40 million, and Wii and 360 both had negative sales later in their life.

Edit: Gah, too late, see above post for their predictions.

Around the Network
Gamerace said:
Didn't isuppli predict a shrinking growth rate for the Wii??

Anyone this have that chart they made?

I uploaded it to this site, just for future lulz. Here you are.

Brilliant, just brilliant. At this point the PS3 and 360 have probably oversold the NES if it followed the same trend as the Wii.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Wow...dude that is just insane.

noname2200 said:
Gamerace said:

Why do the sales go down for Wii 2010-2011???

Around the Network
SleepWaking said:
noname2200 said:
Gamerace said:

That's when millions people started returning their Wii's realizing the PS3 is the on true path. If the chart went on to 2012 I'm sure the reverse sales would be much higher. =P

Lol, this gen will be known as the gen where the most articles and reviews were retracted!

SleepWaking said:
noname2200 said:
Gamerace said:

because they aren't really sales they are talking about. They are actually talking about active users in this graph. Basically, they are predicting people will buy the wii, but then never use it. Compared to the PS3 and X360, where more users will continue to use the system, so the userbase won't shrink as much.

Overall, I still consider this graph a bunch of crap.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

SleepWaking said:
noname2200 said:
Gamerace said:

The duct tape gets old and wears out causing the consoles fall apart, leaving two gamecubes. 

FishyJoe said:

After reading the Pachter thread, I was going to give an example of analysts worse than Pachter. I went back to look at the old iSuppli article that was ridiculously stupid and they removed those articles from their website. Now all they have are articles that make the Wii look like the winner. See for yourself!

http://www.isuppli.com/search.aspx?k=nintendo

It's a pretty sad state of affairs when a company that sells information can't face up to its failures.

For reference, here are the original threads I created.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=17412

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=19157

Do you think it would have been better for them to change their numbers after the fact?  Oops I guess you're saying that it was information that was sold?  If that's the case how did you access it in the first place?